Orientational effect of the texture of a carbon-nanotube film on CKα a radiation intensity
- 40 Downloads
The angular dependence of the intensity of CKα radiation measured from a film of oriented carbon nanotubes shows an increase in the yield of x-ray fluorescence along the growth direction of the nanotubes. The angular distribution of the intensity of scattered x rays is close in magnitude to the angular distribution of the directivity of nanotubes in the film that is determined by analyzing an electron-microscope image. To explain the propagation of radiation along the nanotubes, two mechanisms are proposed on the basis of reflection from inner walls of a tube (channeling) and an anomalous dispersion of CKα photons in the carbon medium.
PACS numbers07.85.Fv 41.50.+h 61.85.+p 78.70.Ck 81.07.De
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.S. B. Dabagov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 173, 1083 (2003) [Phys. Usp. 46, 1053 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 8.S. B. Dabagov, in X-ray and Inner-Shell Processes, Ed. by A. Bianconi, A. Marcelli, and N. L. Saini (AIP, New York, 2003); AIP Conf. Proc. 652, 89 (2003); S. Bellucci and S. B. Dabagov, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 15, 3171 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.I. A. Kinloch, C. Singh, M. Nolte, et al., in Proceedings of NanoteC03: Nanotechnology in Carbon and Related Materials (Univ. of Sussex at Brighton, UK, 2003), p. 10.Google Scholar
- 12.A. V. Okotrub, A. V. Gusel’nikov, and L. G. Bulusheva, Nanoengineered Nanofibrous Materials, NATO Science Series Volume NATO-ASI (PST 979397), Ed. by S. I. Guceri, Y. Gogotsi, and V. Kuznetsov (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 2004), p. 347.Google Scholar
- 14.S. B. Dabagov, Radiat. Eff. Defects Solids 25, 103 (1993).Google Scholar
- 15.Z. G. Pinsker, Dynamical Scattering of X-rays in Crystals (Nauka, Moscow, 1974; Springer, Berlin, 1978).Google Scholar
- 16.M. A. Blokhin, Physics of X-rays (Gostekhizdat, Moscow, 1957) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 17.A. M. Zheltikov, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 170, 1203 (2000) [Phys. Usp. 43, 1125 (2000)].Google Scholar