Spectral dependence of the optical rectification effect in nanographite films
The spectral dependence of the optical rectification effect in nanostructured carbon (nanographite) films obtained by plasmachemical deposition was studied in a wavelength range from 266 to 1900 nm. In this range, the amplitude of the electric signal observed when films were irradiated by nanosecond light pulses of constant power increases in inverse proportion to the laser wavelength. The experimental results confirm the assumptions made previously concerning the mechanism of the observed effect. It is suggested that nanographite films are promising materials for detectors of ultrashort laser pulses in the IR, visible, and UV spectral intervals and for generators of electromagnetic radiation operating in the terahertz frequency range.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B. N. Morozov and Yu. M. Aivazyan, Kvantovaya Élektron. (Moscow) 7, 5 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.G. N. Mikheev, R. G. Zonov, A. N. Obraztsov, and Yu. P. Svirko, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 30(17), 88 (2004) [Tech. Phys. Lett. 30, 750 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Obraztsov, A. P. Volkov, A. I. Boronin, et al., Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 120, 970 (2001) [JETP 93, 846 (2001)].Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Mikheev, D. I. Maleev, and T. N. Mogileva, Kvantovaya Élektron. (Moscow) 19, 45 (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.B. P. Stoicheff, Can. J. Phys. 35, 730 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.G. M. Mikheev, Kvantovaya Élektron. (Moscow) 18, 337 (1991).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Venkin, D. A. Esikov, D. I. Maleev, and G. M. Mikheev, Kvantovaya Élektron. (Moscow) 13, 379 (1986).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Anisimova, I. M. Vikulin, F. A. Zaitov, and Sh. D. Kurmashev, Semiconductor Photodetectors: Ultraviolet, Visible, and Near-Infrared Spectral Regions (Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar