Analysis of the presence of small admixtures of heavy elements in the solar plasma by using the SAHA-S equation of state
The thermodynamic functions of a weakly nonideal plasma are extensively calculated for conditions typical of the depths of stars by using the SAHA-S equation of state. These calculations ensure precise analysis of the effect of the heavy-element content on adiabatic compressibility in the depths of the Sun. Comparison of model calculations with recent helioseismic data ensures more precise determination of solar-plasma composition. This comparison shows that the inclusion of additional components to the composition of heavy-element admixtures is a necessary condition for the theoretical equation of state and the results of analysis of solar oscillations to be consistent.
PACS numbers95.30.Qd 96.60.Fs
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Vorontsov, in Proceedings of 2002 SOHO 12/GONG + 2002, Local and Global Helioseismology: The Present and Future, Ed. by H. Lacoste (Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2002), ESA SP-517 SOHO/GONG; in Proceedings of Workshop on Equation-of-State and Phase-Transition Issues in Models of Ordinary Astrophysical Matter (Leiden, The Netherlands, 2004).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Likal’ter, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 56, 240 (1969) [Sov. Phys. JETP 29, 133 (1969)].Google Scholar
- 7.W. Ebeling, W.-D. Kraeft, and D. Kremp, Theory of Bound States and Ionisation Equilibrium in Plasmas and Solids (Akademie, Berlin, 1976; Mir, Moscow, 1979).Google Scholar
- 8.W.-D. Kraeft, D. Kremp, W. Ebeling, and G. Röpke, Quantum Statistics of Charged Particle Systems (Plenum, New York, 1986; Mir, Moscow, 1988).Google Scholar
- 9.V. P. Kopyshev, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 55, 1304 (1968) [Sov. Phys. JETP 28, 684 (1969)].Google Scholar
- 10.G. É. Norman and A. N. Starostin, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 8, 413 (1970).Google Scholar
- 12.V. K. Gryaznov, I. L. Iosilevskii, and V. E. Fortov, in Shock Waves and Extremal States of Substance, Ed. by V. E. Fortov, L. V. Al’tshuler, R. F. Trunin, and A. I. Funtikov (Nauka, Moscow, 2000), p. 299 [in Russian].Google Scholar