Double vector-charmonium production in electron-positron annihilation into two photons at \(\sqrt s = 10.6\) GeV
In experimentally studying the exclusive production of two \(c\bar c\) mesons in electron-positron annihilation, the BELLE Collaboration obtained results that differ substantially from theoretical predictions. Recently, it was assumed that a significant part of this discrepancy can be explained by the process e+e− → 2γ* → 2J/ψ, and its cross section was published. It is shown here that these results are incorrect (the cross sections are overestimated). The correct values of the cross sections for the double production of various vector charmonia are given.
KeywordsElementary Particle Theoretical Prediction Significant Part Belle Collaboration Double Production
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Abe et al. (BELLE Collab.), Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 142001 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Braaten and J. Lee, Phys. Rev. D 67, 054007 (2003); hep-ph/0211085.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Berezhnoy and A. K. Likhoded, hep-ph/0303145.Google Scholar
- 6.G. T. Bodwin, E. Braaten, and J. Lee, Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 162001 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.G. T. Bodwin, E. Braaten, and J. Lee, Phys. Rev. D 67, 054023 (2003).Google Scholar