Physical model of sound scattering by a school of fish located near an interface
- 20 Downloads
Sound scattering by a fairly sparse school of bladder fish is studied in a free medium, near an interface, and in a waveguide. The air bladder of a fish is approximated by a prolate spheroid with an axial ratio of 1:10. Characteristics of the back reflection of sound by a school of fish are calculated for various angles of irradiation, variable number of fish in the school, and various velocities of fish with respect to each other.
KeywordsReflection Physical Model Variable Number Acoustics Prolate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. B. Andreeva and V. G. Samovol’kin, Scattering of Acoustic Waves from Marine Organisms (Agropromizdat, Moscow, 1986).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Weston, in Underwater Acoustics, Ed. by V. M. Alberts (Plenum, New York, 1967; Mir, Moscow, 1970), Vol. 2.Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Kleshchev and D. M. Rostovtsev, Akust. Zh. 32, 691 (1986) [Sov. Phys. Acoust. 32, 432 (1986)].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Kleshchev and L. S. Sheiba, Akust. Zh. 16, 264 (1970) [Sov. Phys. Acoust. 16, 219 (1970)].Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Kleshchev and I. I. Klyukin, Fundamentals of Hydroacoustics (Sudostroenie, Leningrad, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Kleshchev, Hydroacoustic Scatterers (Sudostroenie, St. Petersburg, 1992).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Kleshchev, Akust. Zh. 25, 143 (1979) [Sov. Phys. Acoust. 25, 78 (1979)].Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Kleshchev, in Proceedings of XII Session of the Russian Acoustical Society (GEOS, Moscow, 2002), Vol. 1, p. 225.Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Bel’kovich, V. A. Grigor’ev, B. G. Katsnel’son, and V. G. Petnikov, Akust. Zh. 48, 162 (2002) [Acoust. Phys. 48, 133 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 10.E. L. Shenderov, Akust. Zh. 48, 684 (2002) [Acoust. Phys. 48, 607 (2002)].Google Scholar