Numerical modeling of shock-wave instability in thermodynamically nonideal media
- 42 Downloads
A numerical analysis of the nonlinear instability of shock waves is presented for solid deuterium and for a model medium described by a properly constructed equation of state. The splitting of an unstable shock wave into an absolutely stable shock and a shock that emits acoustic waves is simulated for the first time.
KeywordsSpectroscopy State Physics Shock Wave Field Theory Numerical Modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. M. Kontorovich, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 33, 1525 (1957) [Sov. Phys. JETP 6, 1179 (1957)].Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 6: Fluid Mechanics, 3rd ed. (Nauka, Moscow, 1986; Pergamon, New York, 1987).Google Scholar
- 5.A. L. Ni, S. G. Sugak, and V. E. Fortov, Teplofiz. Vys. Temp. 24, 564 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Gushchin, A. P. Likhachev, N. G. Nechiporenko, and E. R. Pavlyukova, News in Numerical Simulation: Algorithms, Computer Simulation, and Results (Nauka, Moscow, 2000), p. 165.Google Scholar
- 8.SESAME Report on the Los Alamos Equation-of-State Library (1983), Report LANL-83-4.Google Scholar