Moments of the very high multiplicity distributions
- 20 Downloads
In experiment, the multiplicity distributions of inelastic processes are truncated due to finite energy, insufficient statistics, or special choice of events. It is shown that the moments of such truncated multiplicity distributions possess some typical features. In particular, the oscillations of cumulant moments at high ranks and their negative values at the second rank can be considered as ones most indicative of the specifics of these distributions. They allow one to distinguish between distributions of different type.
KeywordsElementary Particle Typical Feature High Rank Special Choice High Multiplicity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Dremin, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 164(8), 785 (1994) [Phys. Usp. 37, 715 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Nikitin, Talk at III International Workshop on Very High Multiplicities, Dubna, Russia, 2002.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Giovannini, Nuovo Cimento A 15, 543 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Ugoccioni, A. Giovannini, and S. Lupia, in Proceedings of the XXIII International Symposium on Multiparticle Dynamics, Aspen, USA, 1993, Ed. by M. M. Block and A. R. White (World Sci., Singapore, 1994), p. 297.Google Scholar
- 13.B. B. Levtchenko, in Proceedings of the VIII Workshop on High Energy Physics, Zvenigorod, Russia, 1993, Ed. by B. B. Levtchenko (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1994), p. 68.Google Scholar