Spectroscopic studies of erbium-doped potassium-lead double chloride crystals KPb2Cl5:Er3+: 1. Optical spectra and relaxation of excited states of the erbium ion in potassium-lead double chloride crystals
Optical spectra, intensities of radiative and nonradiative transitions, and luminescence kinetics in erbium-doped potassium-lead double chloride crystals KPb2Cl5:Er3+s(KPC:Er3+) were investigated. The crystals were grown by the Bridgman-Stockbarger method. Their absorption and luminescence spectra were studied experimentally. The crystal-matrix absorption edge was determined at 80 and 300 K. Intensity parameters, radiative transition probabilities, branching ratios, and nonradiative relaxation rates were estimated by the Judd-Ofelt method. The luminescence kinetics from the emitting levels 4G11/2, 2G9/2, 4S3/2, and 4F9/2 upon selective excitation was studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M. C. Nostrand, R. H. Page, S. A. Payne, et al., OSA Trends Opt. Photonics Ser. 19, 524 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Tkachuk, S. Ivanova, L. Isaenko, et al., Acta Phys. Pol. A 95, 381 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.A. M. Tkachuk, S. É. Ivanova, L. I. Isaenko, et al., Opt. Zh. 66(5), 95 (1999) [J. Opt. Technol. 66, 460 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 8.M. C. Nostrand, R. H. Page, S. A. Payne, et al., in Technical Digest of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, CLEO’2000, San Francisco, 2000, p. 566.Google Scholar
- 12.S. R. Bowman, S. K. Searles, J. Ganem, and P. Schmidt, OSA Proc. Adv. Solid-State Lasers. 487 (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.M. C. Nostrand, R. H. Page, S. A. Payne, et al., OSA Trends Opt. Photonics Ser. 26, 441 (1999).Google Scholar
- 14.M. C. Nostrand, R. H. Page, S. A. Payne, et al., OSA Trends Opt. Photonics Ser. 34, 459 (2000).Google Scholar
- 15.S. R. Bowman, S. K. Searles, N. W. Jenkins, et al., in Technical Digest of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, CLEO’2001, Baltimore, Maryland, 2001, p. 557.Google Scholar
- 23.P. W. J. Jansen, Recl. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas. 87, 1021 (1968).Google Scholar
- 26.A. M. Tkachuk, A. V. Poletimova, M. A. Petrova, et al., Opt. Spektrosk. 70, 1230 (1991) [Opt. Spectrosc. 70, 719 (1991)].Google Scholar
- 27.I. N. Ogorodnikov, V. A. Pustovarov, M. Kirm, et al., HASYLAB Annu. Rep. (Hamburg), Part 1, 233 (2001).Google Scholar
- 28.J. Pankove, Optical Processes in Semiconductors (Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1971; Mir, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar
- 34.G. S. Shakurov, L. N. Butvina, A. G. Ochrimchuk, et al., in Technical Digest of International Conference on Physics of Laser Crystal, ICPLC-2002, Kharkiv, Ukraine, 2002, p. SC 19.Google Scholar