On the effect of far impurities on the density of states of two-dimensional electron gas in a strong magnetic field
The effect of impurities situated at different distances from a two-dimensional electron gas on the density of states in a strong magnetic field is analyzed. Based on the entire result of Brezin, Gross, and Itzykson, we calculate the density of states in the entire energy range, assuming the Poisson distribution of impurities in the bulk. It is shown that, in the case of small impurity concentration, the density of states is qualitatively different from the model case when all impurities are located in the plane of the two-dimensional electron gas.
PACS numbers73.20.At 73.20.Hb
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.The Quantum Hall Effect, Eds. by R. E. Prange and S. M. Girvin (Springer, Berlin, 1987).Google Scholar
- 3.I. V. Kukushkin, S. V. Meshkov, and V. B. Timofeev, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 155, 219 (1988) [Sov. Phys. Usp. 31, 511 (1988)].Google Scholar
- 4.T. Ando and Y. Uemura, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 36, 959 (1974); J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 36, 1521 (1974); T. Ando, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 37, 1233 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.K. B. Efetov and V. G. Marikhin, Phys. Rev. B 40, 12126 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.É. M. Baskin, L. I. Magarill, and M. V. Éntin, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 75, 723 (1978) [Sov. Phys. JETP 48, 365 (1978)].Google Scholar
- 9.A. M. Dyugaev, P. D. Grigoriev, and Yu. N. Ovchinnikov, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 78, 179 (2003).Google Scholar
- 10.L. B. Ioffe and A. I. Larkin, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 81, 1048 (1981) [Sov. Phys. JETP 54, 556 (1981)].Google Scholar