The present state of cluster radioactivity research
- 39 Downloads
Complete mass distributions of the energetically allowed decays of nuclei with A > 112 were calculated including the known regions of cluster radioactivity and cold fission. These processes represent different branches of the more general family of cold decays. A short review of the current experimental situation is given. The existing data indicate that the transition between the sudden (α-decay-like) and adiabatic (fission-like) mechanisms of the fragments formation takes place at the fragments mass values A ∼ 35–40. The study of elastic scattering or fusion-fission reaction of the decay products could serve as a sensitive tool for investigation of the decay mechanism. Some new experiments to be carried out and planned are listed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. A. Pik-Pichak, Yad. Fiz. 44, 1421 (1986) [Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 44, 923 (1986)].Google Scholar
- 3.Qiang-yan Pan et al., Chin. Phys. Lett. 16, 251 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Ogloblin et al., Phys. Rev. C 61, 034301 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Croni et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei,” Sanibel Insland, Florida, 1997, Ed. by J. Hamilton and A. Ramayya (World Sci., Singapore, 1998), p. 109.Google Scholar
- 9.S. G. Kadmenskii, S. D. Kurgalin, et al., Yad. Fiz. 57, 1981 (1994) [Phys. At. Nucl. 57, 1905 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 11.L. Brillard et al., C. R. Acad. Sci. (Paris), Ser. II 309, 1105 (1989).Google Scholar
- 12.A. A. Ogloblin et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Nuclear Shells—50 Years,” Dubna, 1999, Ed. by Yu. Ts. Oganessian and R. Kalpakchieva (World Sci., Singapore, 2000), p. 124.Google Scholar
- 13.D. N. Poenaru, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Nuclear Reaction Mechanisms, Varenna, Italy, 1999, p. 348.Google Scholar
- 14.A. A. Ogloblin and S. P. Tretyakova, in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Physics of Isomers, St. Petersburg, 2000, Ed. by F. F. Karpeshin et al. (VNIIÉF, Sarov, 2001), p. 122.Google Scholar
- 15.V. P. Rudakov et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz. 65, 637 (2001).Google Scholar
- 16.S. P. Tretyakova et al., in Proceedings of the International Conference “Nuclear Shells—50 Years,” Dubna, 1999, Ed. by Yu. Ts. Oganessian and R. Kalpakchieva (World Sci., Singapore, 2000), p. 154.Google Scholar