Determination of the parameters of multilayer nanostructures using two-wave X-ray reflectometry
- 22 Downloads
A method for determining the parameters of multilayer nanostructures by measuring the angular dependence of the X-ray reflectance at two wavelengths has been considered. A calculation scheme taking into account the specificity of the method was suggested, which allows operation with samples of any size and shape. The scheme was applied to C/Ni/C, Si1−xGex, and AlxGa1−xAs multilayer structures. It was shown that two-wave reflectometry allows elimination of the influence of instrumental errors; hence, the thickness, density, and composition of both polycrystalline and monocrystalline nanostructure layers reliably determined.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Electromagnetism Angular Dependence Multilayer Structure Calculation Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. G. Touryanski and I. V. Pirshin, Instrum. Exp. Tech. 41(5), 118 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Tur’yanskii, A. V. Vinogradov, and I. V. Pirshin, Prib. Tekh. Éksp., No. 1, 105 (1999).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Vinogradov, I. A. Brytov, and A. Ya. Grudskii, in Mirror X-ray Optics, Ed. by A. V. Vinogradov (Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 1989), p. 47.Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems (Univ. of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, 1975).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Spiller, Soft X-ray Optics (SPIE, Bellingham, 1994).Google Scholar
- 6.Physical Quantities. Handbook, Ed. by I. S. Grigor’ev and E. Z. Meilikhova (Énergoatomizdat, Moscow, 1991), p. 98.Google Scholar