Incoherent properties of induced radiation
- 23 Downloads
The evolution of a quantized electromagnetic field in a thermally excited dispersion medium is determined by two scattering channels. The coherent channel is formed exclusively by the elastic scattering of quanta. The incoherent channel, along with elastic scattering processes, necessarily contains inelastic scattering processes, including induced radiation. Interference between the channels is absent because of the orthogonality of the wave functions of the medium in its final states, which correspond to different scattering channels. Therefore, in an excited medium, interference processes that are not described by its refractive index may arise. An interference pattern of this kind can be formed, in particular, as a result of the superposition of the resonance radiation incident on an excited medium and the radiation reflected from this medium. In this case, the conventional perturbation theory proves to be inadequate.
KeywordsWave Function Interference Pattern Quantum Electrodynamic Excited Medium Photon Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Einstein, Collected Scientific Papers (Nauka, Moscow, 1966), Vol. 3, p. 386.Google Scholar
- 2.V. B. Berestetskii, E. M. Lifshitz, and L. P. Pitaevskii, Quantum Electrodynamics, 3rd ed. (Nauka, Moscow, 1989; Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1982).Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Veklenko, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 96, 457 (1989) [Sov. Phys. JETP 69, 258 (1989)].Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Veklenko, R. B. Gusarov, and Yu. B. Sherkunov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 113, 521 (1998) [JETP 86, 289 (1998)].Google Scholar
- 5.B. A. Veklenko and Yu. B. Sherkunov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 116, 821 (1999) [JETP 89, 435 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Panteleev, V. A. Roslyakov, A. T. Starostin, and M. D. Taran, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 97, 1777 (1990) [Sov. Phys. JETP 70, 1003 (1990)].Google Scholar
- 9.B. A. Veklenko, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Fiz., No. 6, 132 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.B. A. Veklenko, R. B. Gusarov, and Yu. B. Sherkunov, Vestn. Mosk. Energ. Inst., No. 5, 69 (1999).Google Scholar