Electrical performance of hgInTe surface-barrier photodiodes
- 26 Downloads
Surface-barrier photodiodes prepared by the vacuum deposition of a semi-transparent gold layer on Hg3In2Te6 single-crystal substrates are studied. I-V characteristics taken at temperatures between 278 and 323 K and the photosensitivity spectrum recorded in the range 0.6–1.8 µm, which is of great importance for fiber-optics communication, are given. Charge transfer mechanisms are treated in terms of generation-recombination processes in the space-charge region of the diode.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. G. Streetman and S. Banerjee, Solid State Electronic Devices (Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 2000, 5th ed.).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Malik, G. G. Grushka, and N. R. Tevs, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 60(6), 146 (1990) [Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys. 35, 723 (1990)].Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Malik and G. G. Grushka, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 60(10), 188 (1990) [Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys. 35, 1227 (1990)].Google Scholar
- 4.G. G. Grushka, Z. M. Grushka, and N. P. Govaleshko, Ukr. Phys. J. 30, 304 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.Zh. Pankov, Optical Processes in Semiconductors (Mir, Moscow, 1973).Google Scholar
- 6.Products of GPD Optoelectronics Corp. http://www.gpd-ir.com.
- 7.S. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices (Wiley, New York, 1981; Mir, Moscow, 1984).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Sah, R. Noyce, and W. Shockley, Proc. IRE 45, 1228 (1957).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Kosyachenko, V. P. Makhnii, and I. V. Potykevich, Ukr. Phys. J. 23, 279 (1978).Google Scholar