Background of external γ radiation in the proportional counters of the SAGE experiment
- 23 Downloads
The effect of external γ radiation on the process of counting 71Ge decays in the proportional counters of the SAGE experiment measuring the solar-neutrino flux is considered. The systematic uncertainty in the SAGE result due to radon decays inside the air volume surrounding the counters is estimated. The background counting rate in the proportional counters that is caused by γ radiation from the enclosing shield is also determined.
KeywordsRadiation Elementary Particle Radon Counting Rate Systematic Uncertainty
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. N. Bahcall, Neutrino Astrophysics (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1989; Mir, Moscow, 1993).Google Scholar
- 2.V. N. Gavrin, V. V. Gorbachev, and I. N. Mirmov, Yad Fiz. 65, 875 (2002) [Phys. At. Nucl. 65, 843 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 3.V. V. Gorbachev, T. V. Ibragimova, and A. V. Kalikhov, in Proceedings of the X International School: Particles and Cosmology, Baksan, Russia, 1999, p. 81.Google Scholar
- 4.J. N. Abdurashitov et al., Phys. Rev. C 60, 055801 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.B. T. Cleveland, Nucl. Instrum. Methods 214, 451 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Gavrin, V. V. Gorbachev, T. V. Ibragimova, and B. T. Cleveland, Yad. Fiz. 65, 1309 (2002) [Phys. At. Nucl. 65, 1276 (2002)].Google Scholar