Magnetism of C60-based molecular complexes: High-field-magnetization and magnetooptical study
- 22 Downloads
Magnetization study of the C60 · TMTSF · 2CS2 molecular complex in magnetic fields up to 47 T for the temperature range 1.8–300 K and ESR spectroscopy of the molecular complex (ET)2C60 at T=1.8 K for the frequency range 60–90 GHz in magnetic fields up to 32 T provide experimental evidence that paramagnetic centers with reduced g-factor values g<1 control the magnetic properties of these solids. A model is suggested in which the renormalization of the g factor is due to the dynamic Jahn-Teller effect involving negative C60 ions that appear as defects in the crystalline structure with a weak charge transfer.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, and P. C. Eklund, Science of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes (Academic, San Diego, 1996), p. 739.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Buntar, H. W. Weber, and M. Ricco, Solid State Commun. 98, 175 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Demishev, A. A. Pronin, N. E. Sluchanko, et al., Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 69, 733 (1999) [JETP Lett. 69, 785 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Demishev, L. Weckhuysen, J. Vanacken, and N. G. Spitsina, Physica B (Amsterdam) 294–295, 324 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Tosatti, N. Manini, and O. Gunnarson, Phys. Rev. B 54, 17184 (1996).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. M. Shul’ga, V. I. Ribtsov, and N. G. Spitsina, Zh. Fiz. Khim. 70, 564 (1996).Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Konovalikhin, O. A. D’yachenko, G. V. Shilov, et al., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 8, 1480 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Kourouklis, K. P. Meletov, J. Arvanitides, et al., Rev. High Pressure Sci. Technol. 7, 733 (1998).Google Scholar