Reservoir as a source of probability in quantum mechanics
- 24 Downloads
The concept of the theory of measurement and choice of quantum alternative is considered, according to which the outcome of a particular measurement is determined by the reservoir (detector) state. The way of deducing standard (probabilistic) quantum-mechanical interpretation rules is discussed, with special emphasis on the theoretical demonstration of the wave-function reduction phenomenon. The method of resolving the “Schrodinger cat” paradox is suggested. The interrelation between the mechanisms of formation of shot and flicker noises and the role of reservoir in the formation of quantum-mechanical probability is discussed.
PACS numbers03.65.Ta 72.70.+m
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Ginzburg, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 169, 419 (1999).Google Scholar
- 2.L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Course of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 3: Quantum Mechanics: Non-Relativistic Theory (Nauka, Moscow, 1974; Pergamon, New York, 1977), Chap. 1, § 7.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Penrose, Shadows of Mind (Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford, 1994).Google Scholar
- 4.W. H. Zurek, quant-ph/0105127; submitted to Rev. Mod. Phys. (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.G. B. Lesovik, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 70, 209 (1999) [JETP Lett. 70, 208 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 10.B. B. Kadomtsev, Dynamics and Information (Izd. Red. Usp. Fiz. Nauk, Moscow, 1999); M. B. Menskii, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 170, 631 (2000); G. B. Lesovik, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 171, 449 (2001).Google Scholar