Identification of the bow stabilization mechanism by numerical simulation of the laminar asymmetric flow of a viscous incompressible fluid past a cylinder with a projecting disk
- 20 Downloads
The mechanism responsible for the bow stabilization that arises as a result of the deformation of the spatial vortex structures that are organized in the flow of a fluid past a cylinder with a projecting thin disk is analyzed by solving the Navier-Stokes equations using a factorized finite-volume method and a simplified approach based on analytical specification of the metric coefficients.
KeywordsVortex Stabilization Mechanism Vortex Structure Incompressible Fluid Analytical Specification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Belov, Interaction of Nonuniform Flows with Obstacles [in Russian] (Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 1983), 144 pp.Google Scholar
- 2.I. A. Belov and S. A. Isaev, Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 6, 608 (1980) [Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett. 6, 264 (1980)].Google Scholar
- 4.I. A. Belov, S. A. Isaev, and V. A. Korobkov, Problems and Computational Methods for Separated Flows of Incompressible Fluids [in Russian] (Sudostroenie, Leningrad, 1989), 256 pp.Google Scholar
- 5.V. K. Bobyshev, S. A. Isaev, and O. L. Lemko, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 51, 224 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.V. K. Bobyshev and S. A. Isaev, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 58, 556 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.S. A. Isaev, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 68, 19 (1995).Google Scholar
- 8.I. A. Belov, V. K. Bobyshev, and S. A. Isaev, in Investigations of the Aerodynamics and Dynamics of Flight [in Russian] (KIIGA, Kiev, 1988), pp. 122–129.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Isaev and N. A. Sumovskii, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 70, 990 (1997).Google Scholar