Characteristic features of electron photoemission from the metal in SiC-based Schottky diodes
- 27 Downloads
The photosensitivity of an Al-SiC Schottky diode in the range of photon energies less than the band gap of the semiconductor and the height of the potential barrier at the contact with the metal has been investigated. The observed characteristic features of the photon energy and applied voltage dependences of the photocurrent are interpreted in a model that takes into account the photoexcitation of electrons in the metal and their subsequent above-barrier passage and tunneling into the semiconductors.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, Wiley, N. Y., 1981, 2nd edition [Russian translation, Mir, Moscow, 1984].Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Kosyachenko, N. M. Pan’kiv, A. V. Pivorar, and V. M. Sklyarchuk, Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 27, 101 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.G. E. Pikus, Theory of Semiconductor Devices [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.R. J. Archer and T. O. Yep, J. Appl. Phys. 41, 303 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.I. S. Kabanova, L. A. Kosyachenko, and V. P. Mikhnii, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 21, 2087 (1987) [Sov. Phys. Semicond. 21, 1265 (1987)].Google Scholar