Influence of structural characteristics on the thermal conductivity of polycrystalline diamond films
- 21 Downloads
By analyzing the signal formed by the photoacoustic effect as a function of the light modulation frequency, it is shown that this effect may be used to determine the thermal conductivity of diamond materials. The method is checked experimentally for two types of polycrystalline diamond films grown by chemical vapor deposition with the gaseous medium activated by a dc discharge and a microwave discharge. The data obtained on the thermal conductivity of the films are discussed with reference to the results of an investigation of the optical absorption, Raman light scattering, and cathodoluminescence of similar films. It is shown that the thermal conductivity of polycrystalline diamond films depends on the structural characteristics, which are determined by the deposition conditions.
KeywordsMicrowave Thermal Conductivity Structural Characteristic Light Scattering Modulation Frequency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Obraztsov, I. Yu. Pavlovskii, H. Okushi, and H. Watanabe, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (St. Petersburg) 39, 1787 (1997) [Phys. Solid State 39, 1594 (1997)].Google Scholar
- 2.D. Fournier and K. Plaman, Diamond Relat. Mater. 4, 809 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.J. E. Graebner, Diamond Films Technol. 3, 77 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Rosencwaig, Photoacoustics and Photoacoustic Spectroscopy (Wiley, New York, 1980), p. 309.Google Scholar
- 7.The Properties of Diamond, edited by J. E. Field (Academic Press, London, 1990), p. 674.Google Scholar
- 10.A. T. Collins, Diamond Relat. Mater. 1, 457 (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Vavilov, A. A. Gippius, A. M. Zaitsev, B. V. Deryagin, and B. V. Spitsyn, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 14, 1077 (1980) [Sov. Phys. Semicond. 14, 641 (1980)].Google Scholar
- 12.A. N. Obraztsov, I. Yu. Pavlovsky, G. V. Saparin, and S. K. Obyden, J. Scanning Microscopy 19, 199 (1997).Google Scholar
- 13.B. V. Soitsyn, in Handbook of Crystal Growth, edited by D. T. J. Hurtle, Vol. 3 (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1994), p. 403.Google Scholar