The Gompertz-G family of distributions
- 12 Downloads
We introduce and study some general mathematical properties of a new generator of continuous distributions with two extra parameters called the Gompertz-G generator. We present some special models. We investigate the shapes of the density and hazard functions and derive explicit expressions for the ordinary and incomplete moments, quantile and generating functions, probability weighted moments, Bonferroni and Lorenz curves, Shannon and Rényi entropies, and order statistics. Two bivariate extensions of this model are proposed. We discuss the estimation of the model parameters by maximum likelihood and prove empirically the potentiality of the new class by means of two real data sets.
KeywordsGenerated family Gompertz distribution maximum likelihood moment order statistic probability weighted moment quantile function Rényi entropy
AMS Subject Classification62E 60F
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aarts, R. M. 2000. Lauricella functions. From Math World, A Wolfram Web Resource, created by Eric W. Weisstein. https://doi.org/mathworld.wolfram.com/LauricellaFunctions.html.
- Alizadeh, M., M. Emadi, M. Doostparast, G. M. Cordeiro, Ε. Μ. Ortega, and R. R. Pescim. 2015. A new family of distributions: the Kumaraswamy odd log-logistic, properties and applications. Hacettepa Journal of Mathematics and Statistics.Google Scholar
- Doornik, J. A. 2007. An object-oriented matrix language Ox 5. London: Timberlake Consultants Press.Google Scholar
- Kenney, J. F., and E. S. Keeping. 1962. Mathematics of statistics, 3rd ed, part 1 101–102. Princeton, NJ: Chapman & Hall.Google Scholar
- Rényi, A. 1961. On measures of information and entropy. Proceedings of the 4th Berkeley Symposium on Mathematics, Statistics and Probability 547–61.Google Scholar