In vitro propagation of endangered Lippia filifolia mart. and schauer ex schauer
- 186 Downloads
This work describes an efficient micropropagation protocol of Lippia filifolia. Nodal segments cultivation in MS medium supplemented with 6-benzylaminopurine (4.5 μM)/α-naphthaleneacetic acid (NAA; 54nM) induced multiple shoots (in average 27 shoots per explant). Elongated shoots were rooted with NAA (0.11 μM) and they maintained ploidy level of the in vitro produced explants. The basic chromosome number were 2n=2x=24. Regenerated rooted shoots were successfully acclimatized under shading house conditions. This is the first report involving the establishment of a protocol for shoot multiplication and rooting for endangered L. filifolia, contributing for germplasm preservation of this species.
Key wordsChromosome stability conservation medicinal plant micropropagation Verbenaceae
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ahmed, F.; Selim, M. S.; Das, A. K.; Choudhuri, M. S. K. Antiinflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Lippia nodiflora. Linn. Pharmazie. 59:329–330; 2004.Google Scholar
- Carvalho, C. R.; Saraiva, L. S. A new heterochromatin banding pattern revealed by modified HKG banding technique in maize chromosomes. Heredity 70:515–519; 1993.Google Scholar
- Gupta, S. K.; Khanuja, S. P. S.; Kumar, S. In vitro micropropagation of Lippia alba. Curr. Sci. 81:206–210; 2001.Google Scholar
- Moldenke, H. N. Monograph of Lippia. Phytologia 12:157; 1965.Google Scholar
- Salimena-Pires, F. R. Verbenaceae da serra do Cipó, Minas Gerais, 1991. Dissertação (Mestrado em Botânica)—Universidade de São Paulo; 1991:302 p.Google Scholar
- Skoog, F.; Miller, C. O. Chemical regulation of growth and organ formation in plant tissues culture in vitro. Symp. Soc. Exp. Biol. 11:118–131; 1957.Google Scholar
- Tavares, E. S.; Lopes, D.; Bizzo, H. R.; Lage, C.; Leitão, S. G. Kinetin enhanced linalool production by in vitro plantlets of Lippia alba. J. Essent. Oil Res. 16:405–408; 2004.Google Scholar
- Thorpe, T. A.; Harry, I. S.; Kumar, P. P. Application of micropropagation to forestry. In: Debergh, P. C.; Zimmerman, R. H., eds. Micropropagation. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 1991:311–316.Google Scholar