Onboarding customer companies to electronic invoicing platform – developing a marketing and a partnering strategy for Tieto, an e-invoicing service provider
- 70 Downloads
This teaching case deals with onboarding and partnering issues of electronic invoicing service providers. The students are expected to familiarize themselves with e-invoicing, a current form of many-to-many inter-organizational information systems that is being adopted widely, understand the business model of an e-invoicing service provider, and develop an onboarding and a partnering strategy for the service provider. The student (or student case group) is given one out of three profiles of e-invoicing service providers, and the students are expected to solve the case taking into consideration their specific profile. A case discussion is encouraged in class so that the student (given a profile of an e-invoicing service providers) may interact and negotiate with other students (student groups with different profiles).
Keywordselectronic invoicing inter-organizational systems service provider onboarding strategy partnering strategy
- CEBP (2001). Business-to-business EIPP: Presentment models, Part 1. The Council for Electronic Billing and Payment. NACHA. http://www.crfonline.org/orc/pdf/ref17a.pdf.
- DB Research (2010). E-invoicing. Final Step of an Efficient Invoicing Process. Heike Mai and Thomas Meyer, Deutsche Bank Research.Google Scholar
- EEI-3.2 (2007). European Electronic Invoicing Final Report. European Commission Informal Task Force on E-invoicing, Version 3.2 final.Google Scholar
- EESPA AISBL (2013). European E-invoicing Service Providers Association (EESPA). Model Interoperability Agreement Version 3.0.Google Scholar
- Haag, S., Born, F., Kreuzer, S., and Bernius, S. (2013). Organizational resistance to e-invoicing – Results from an empirical investigation among SMEs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Vol. 8074, pp. 286–297). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Harald, B. (2009). Final Report of the Expert Group on E-invoicing. European Commission, DG Internal Market and Services, DG Enterprise and Industry.Google Scholar
- Itella (2010). Itella Information Survey: Invoicing in 16 European Countries. Itella Market Report. http://eeiplatform.com/2579/itella-survey-about-invoicing-in-16-european-countries/.
- Moberg, Å., Borggren, C., Finnvede, G., and Tyskeng, S. (2008). Effects of a Total Change from Paper Invoicing to Electronic Invoicing in Sweden. Report from the KTH Centre for Sustainable Communications.Google Scholar
- Salmony, M., and Harald, B. (2010). E-invoicing in Europe: Now and the future, Journal of Payments Strategy & Systems 4(4): 371–380.Google Scholar
- SWIFT (2008). SWIFT E-invoicing Consultation – October 2008.Google Scholar
- Tenhunen, M., and Penttinen, E. (2010). Assessing the carbon footprint of paper vs. electronic invoicing. In Proceedings of ACIS (Vol. 2010).Google Scholar
- The EACT (2007). (European Associations of Corporate Treasurers) project CAST (Corporate Action on Standards). http://www.treasurers.org/node/2985.