Where are we going? Why are we in this handbasket?
Robert B. Archibald and David H. Feldman Why Does College Cost So Much? Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2011, xii+289pp., $36.95. ISBN: 978-0199744503
Kevin Carey The End of College: Creating the Future of Learning and the University of Everywhere. New York, Penguin, 2015, 288pp., $27.95. ISBN: 978-1594632051
Daniel F. Chambliss and Christopher G. Takacs How College Works. Cambridge, MA, Harvard University Press, 2014, 224pp., $29.95. ISBN: 978-0674049024
Michael M. Crow and William B. Dabars Designing the New American University. Baltimore, MD, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2015, xiii+344pp., $34.95. ISBN: 978-1421417233
You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.
– Rahm Emmanuel, Mayor of Chicago
Every week, another cry of crisis reverberates through the virtual and tangible spaces in which...
- The American Association of University Professors (AAUP). Background Facts on Contingent Faculty, http://www.aaup.org/issues/contingency/background-facts.
- Cottom, T.M. 2014. Democratizing Ideologies and Inequality Regimes – Berkman Center Primer, http://tressiemc.com/2014/07/28/democratizing-ideologies-and-inequality-regimes-berkman-center-primer.
- Deresiewicz, W. 2008. The Disadvantages of an Elite Education. American Scholar, Summer, https://theamericanscholar.org/the-disadvantages-of-an-elite-education/#.VfW92J1VhBc.
- Deresiewicz, W. 2015. The Neoliberal Arts. Harper’s Magazine, September, http://harpers.org/archive/2015/09/the-neoliberal-arts.
- Dumitrescu, I. and T. Albrecht, eds. 2016 (forthcoming). Rumba Under Fire: The Arts of Survival from West Point to Delhi. Brooklyn, NY: punctum books.Google Scholar
- Kezar, A. and D. Maxey . 2013. The Changing Academic Workforce. The Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges http://agb.org/trusteeship/2013/5/changing-academic-workforce.Google Scholar
- Newfield, C. 2015. What is New about the New American University? Los Angeles Review of Books, 5 April, https://lareviewofbooks.org/review/new-new-american-university.
- Roth, M. 2014. Beyond the University: Why Liberal Education Matters. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.Google Scholar
- Smith, C. 2015. No Crisis. Los Angeles Review of Books, 1 February, https://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/introducing-crisis.
- Watters, A. and S. Goldrick-Rab . 2015. Techno Fantasies. Inside Higher Education, 26 March, https://www.insidehighered.com/views/2015/03/26/essay-challenging-kevin-careys-new-book-higher-education.