Adler, N. J. 2002. International dimensions of organizational behavior, (4th ed.). Cincinnati, OH: Southwestern.
Ancona, D. G., & Caldwell, D. F. 1992. Demography and design: Predictors of new product team performance. Organization Science, 3 (3): 321–341.
*Anderson, L. R. 1983. Management of the mixed-cultural work group. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 31 (3): 303–330.
Austin, J. R. 1997. A cognitive framework for understanding demographic influences in groups. International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 5 (4): 342–359.
Basadur, M. H., & Head, M. 2001. Team performance and satisfaction: A link to cognitive style within a process framework. Journal of Creative Behavior, 35 (4): 227–248.
* Baugh, S. G., & Graen, G. B. 1997. Effect of team gender and racial composition on perceptions of team performance in cross-functional teams. Group & Organization Management, 22 (3): 366–383.
* Bayazit, M., & Mannix, E. A. 2003. Should I stay or should I go? Predicting team members’ intent to remain in the team. Small Group Research, 34 (3): 290–321.
Bell, S. T. 2007. Deep-level composition variables as predictors of team performance: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92 (3): 595–615.
Blau, P. M. 1977. Inequality and heterogeneity. New York: Free Press.
Bowers, C. A., Pharmer, J. A., & Salas, E. 2000. When member homogeneity is needed in work teams: A meta-analysis. Small Group Research, 31 (3): 305–327.
Brett, J., Behfar, K., & Kern, M. C. 2006. Managing multicultural teams. Harvard Business Review, 84 (11): 85–91.
* Cady, S. H., & Valentine, J. 1999. Team innovation and perceptions of consideration: What difference does diversity make? Small Group Research, 30 (6): 730–750.
Canney Davison, S., & Ekelund, B. Z. 2004. Effective team processes for global teams. In H. Lane, M. Maznevski, M. Mendenhall & J. Mcnett (Eds), Handbook of global management: 227–249. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishing.
Carte, T., & Chidambaram, L. 2004. A capabilities-based theory of technology deployment in diverse teams: Leapfrogging the pitfalls of diversity and leveraging its potential with collaborative technology. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 5 (11): 448–471.
* Chatman, J. A., & Flynn, F. J. 2001. The influence of demographic heterogeneity on the emergence and consequences of cooperative norms in work teams. Academy of Management Journal, 44 (5): 956–974.
Cohen, J. 1977. Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. New York: Academic Press.
Cohen, S. G., & Bailey, D. E. 1997. What makes teams work: Group effectiveness research from the shop floor to the executive suite. Journal of Management, 23 (3): 239–290.
Cox, T. H. 1994. Cultural diversity in organizations: Theory, research, and practice. San Francisco: Benett-Koehler Publishers.
Cox, T. H., & Blake, S. 1991. Managing cultural diversity: Implications for organizational competitiveness. Academy of Management Executive, 5 (3): 45–56.
* Dahlin, K. B., Weingart, L. R., & Hinds, P. J. 2005. Team diversity and information use. Academy of Management Journal, 48 (6): 1107–1123.
Dalton, D. R., Daily, C. M., Certo, S. T., & Roengpitya, R. 2003. Meta-analyses of financial performance and equity: Fusion or confusion? Academy of Management Journal, 46 (1): 13–26.
De Dreu, C. K. W., & Weingart, L. R. 2003. Task versus relationship conflict, team performance, and team member satisfaction: A meta-analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88 (4): 741–749.
DiStefano, J. J., & Maznevski, M. L. 2000. Creating value with diverse teams in global management. Organizational Dynamics, 29 (1): 45–63.
Doz, Y., Santos, J., & Williamson, P. 2004. Diversity: The key to innovation advantage. European Business Forum, 17: 25–27.
Earley, P. C. 2006. Leading cultural research in the future: A matter of paradigms and taste. Journal of International Business Studies, 37 (6): 922–931.
Earley, P. C., & Gibson, C. B. 2002. Multinational work teams: A new perspective. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
* Earley, P. C., & Mosakowski, E. A. 2000. Creating hybrid team cultures: An empirical test of transnational team functioning. Academy of Management Journal, 43 (1): 26–49.
* Elron, E. 1997. Top management teams within multinational corporations: Effects of cultural heterogeneity. Leadership Quarterly, 8 (4): 393–413.
* Ely, R. J. 2004. A field study of group diversity, participation in diversity education programs, and performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25 (6): 755–780.
Ely, R. J., & Thomas, D. A. 2001. Cultural diversity at work: The effects of diversity perspectives on work group processes and outcomes. Administrative Science Quarterly, 46 (2): 229–273.
* Fiedler, F. E. 1966. The effect of leadership and cultural heterogeneity on group performance: A test of the contingency model. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 2 (3): 237–264.
* Gibson, C. B., & Gibbs, J. L. 2006. Unpacking the concept of virtuality: The effects of geographic dispersion, electronic dependence, dynamic structure, and national diversity on team innovation. Administrative Science Quarterly, 51 (3): 451–495.
Gratton, L., & Erickson, T. 2007. Eight ways to build collaborative teams. Harvard Business Review, 85 (11): 100–109.
Hackman, J. R. 1987. The design of work teams. In J. Lorsch (Ed.), Handbook of organizational behavior: 315–342. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Hackman, J. R. 2002. Leading teams: Setting the stage for great performances. Boston: Harvard Business School Press.
* Harrison, D. A., Price, K. H., & Bell, M. P. 1998. Beyond relational demography: Time and the effects of surface- and deep-level diversity on work group cohesion. Academy of Management Journal, 41 (1): 96–107.
* Harrison, D. A., Price, K. H. Gavin, J. H., & Florey, A. T. 2002. Time, teams, and task performance: Changing effects of surface- and deep-level diversity on group functioning. Academy of Management Journal, 45 (5): 1029–1045.
Hedges, L. V., & Olkin, I. 1985. Statistical methods for meta-analysis. Orlando, FL: Academic Press.
* Heller, D. M. 1997. Cultural diversity and team performance: Testing for social loafing effects, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of North Texas, Denton, TX.
Hinds, P. J., & Mortensen, M. 2005. Understanding conflict in geographically distributed teams: The moderating effects of shared identity, shared context, and spontaneous communication. Organization Science, 16 (3): 290–307.
* Hobman, E. V., & Bordia, P. 2006. The role of team identification in the dissimilarity–conflict relationship. Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, 9 (4): 483–507.
Hofstede, G. 1980. Culture's consequences: International differences in work-related values. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
Hofstede, G. 2001. Culture's consequences, (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Hopkins, W., & Hopkins, S. 2002. Effects of cultural recomposition on group interaction processes. Academy of Management Review, 27 (4): 541–553.
Hopkins, W., Hopkins, S., & Gross, M. A. 2005. Cultural diversity recomposition and effectiveness in monoculture work groups. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 26 (8): 949–964.
Horwitz, S. K., & Horwitz, I. B. 2007. The effects of team diversity on team outcomes: A meta-analytic review of team demography. Journal of Management, 33 (6): 987–1015.
House, R. J., Hanges, P. W., Javidan, M., Dorfman, P., & Gupta, V. (Eds), 2004. Culture, leadership, and organizations: The GLOBE study of 62 societies. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
Hunter, J. E., & Schmidt, F. L. 1990. Methods of meta-analysis: Correcting error and bias in research findings. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
Indik, B. P. 1965. Organization size and member participation: Some empirical tests of alternative explanations. Human Relations, 18 (4): 339–350.
Jackson, S. E. 1992. Team composition in organizational settings: Issues in managing an increasingly diverse workforce. In S. Worchel, W. Wood & J. A. Simpson (Eds), Group process and productivity: 138–173. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
* Jackson, S. E., & Joshi, A. 2002. Diversity in social context: A multi-attribute, multi-level analysis of team diversity and sales performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25 (6): 675–702.
Jackson, S. E., Joshi, A., & Erhardt, N. L. 2003. Recent research on team and organizational diversity: SWOT analysis implications. Journal of Management, 29 (6): 801–830.
Jackson, S. E., Brett, J. F., Sessa, V. I., Cooper, D. M., Julin, J. A., & Peyronnin, K. 1991. Some differences make a difference: Individual dissimilarity and group heterogeneity as correlates of recruitment, promotions, and turnover. Journal of Applied Psychology, 76 (5): 675–689.
Janis, I. L. 1972. Victims of groupthink: A psychological study of foreign-policy decisions and fiascos. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Jarvenpaa, S. L., & Leidner, D. E. 1999. Communication and trust in global virtual teams. Organization Science, 10 (6): 791–815.
Jehn, K. A. 1995. A multimethod examination of the benefits and detriments of intragroup conflict. Administrative Science Quarterly, 40 (2): 256–282.
* Jehn, K. A., & Bezrukova, K. 2004. A field study of group diversity, workgroup context, and performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25 (6): 703–729.
* Jehn, K. A., & Mannix, E. A. 2001. The dynamic nature of conflict: A longitudinal study of intragroup conflict and group performance. Academy of Management Journal, 44 (2): 238–251.
* Jehn, K. A., Chadwick, C., & Thatcher, S. M. 1997. To agree or not to agree: The effects of value congruence, individual demographic dissimilarity, and conflict on workgroup outcomes. International Journal of Conflict Management, 8 (4): 287–306.
* Jehn, K. A., Northcraft, G. B., & Neale, M. A. 1999. Why differences make a difference: A field study of diversity, conflict, and performance in workgroups. Administrative Science Quarterly, 44 (4): 741–763.
Joshi, A., & Roh, H. 2007. Context matters: Multilevel framework for team diversity research. In J. Martocchio (Ed.), Research in personnel and human resource management, Vol. 26: 1–48. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
Joshi, A., & Roh, H. 2009. The role of context in work team diversity research: A meta-analytic review. Academy of Management Journal, 52 (3): 599–627.
Katz, R. 1982. The effects of group longevity on project communication and performance. Administrative Science Quarterly, 27 (1): 81–104.
Katz, D., & Kahn, R. L. 1978. The social psychology of organizations. New York: Wiley.
* Kearney, E. 2007. When and how diversity benefits team processes and outcomes: The importance of team members’ need for cognition, Working Paper.
* Kearney, E., & Gebert, D. 2007. Unlocking the performance potential of diverse teams through transformational leadership, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, 3–8 August 2007. Philadelphia, PA.
* Kilduff, M., Angelmar, R., & Mehra, A. 2000. Top management-team diversity and firm performance: Examining the role of cognitions. Organization Science, 11 (1): 21–34.
Kirchmeyer, C. 1995. Demographic similarity to the work group: A longitudinal study of managers at the early career stage. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 16 (1): 67–83.
Kirchmeyer, C., & Cohen, A. 1992. Multicultural groups: Their performance and reactions with constructive conflict. Group & Organization Management, 17 (2): 153–170.
* Kirkman, B. L., & Shapiro, D. L. 2001. The impact of cultural values on job satisfaction and organizational commitment in self-managing work teams: The mediating role of employee resistance. Academy of Management Journal, 44 (3): 557–569.
* Kirkman, B. L., & Shapiro, D. L. 2005. The impact of cultural value diversity on multicultural team performance. In D. L. Shapiro, M. A. Von Glinow & J. L. Cheng (Eds), Advances in international management, Vol. 18: 33–67. London: Elsevier.
* Kirkman, B. L., Tesluk, P. E., & Rosen, B. 2004. The impact of demographic heterogeneity and team leader-team member demographic fit on team empowerment and effectiveness. Group & Organization Management, 29 (3): 334–368.
Lane, H. W., Maznevski, M. L., DiStefano, J. J., & Dietz, J. 2009. International management behavior: Leading with a global mindset, (6th ed.) Oxford: Blackwell Publishers.
Lane, H. W., Maznevski, M. L., Mendenhall, M., & McNett, J. (Eds), 2004. Blackwell handbook of global management: A guide to managing complexity. Malden, MA: Blackwell Publishers.
Lau, D. C., & Murnighan, J. K. 1998. Demographic diversity and faultlines: The compositional dynamics of organizational groups. Academy of Management Review, 23 (2): 325–340.
Lawrence, B. S. 1997. The black box of organizational demography. Organization Science, 8 (1): 1–22.
* Leonard, J. S., Levine, D. I., & Joshi, A. 2004. Do birds of a feather shop together? The effects on performance of employees’ similarity with one another and with customers. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25 (6): 731–754.
Leung, K., Bhagat, R. S., Buchan, N. R., Erez, M., & Gibson, C. B. 2005. Culture and international business: Recent advances and their implications for future research. Journal of International Business Studies, 36 (4): 357–378.
Lipsey, M. W., & Wilson, D. B. 2001. Practical meta-analysis. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Mannix, E., & Neale, M. A. 2005. What differences make a difference? Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 6 (2): 31–55.
Marks, M. A., Mathieu, J. E., & Zaccaro, S. J. 2001. A temporally based framework and taxonomy of team processes. Academy of Management Review, 26 (3): 356–376.
Martins, L. L., Miliken, F., Wiesenfeld, B. M., & Salgado, S. R. 2003. Racioethnic diversity and group members’ experiences. Group & Organization Management, 28 (1): 75–106.
* Martins, L. L., Gilson, L. L., & Maynard, M. T. 2004. Virtual Teams: What do we know and where do we go from here? Journal of Management, 30 (6): 805–835.
* Maznevski, M. L. 1994. Understanding our differences: Performance in decision-making groups with diverse members. Human Relations, 47 (5): 531–552.
Maznevski, M. L. 1995. Process and performance in multicultural teams, Working Paper, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
Maznevski, M. L., & Chudoba, K. M. 2000. Bridging space over time: Global virtual team dynamics and effectiveness. Organization Science, 11 (5): 473–792.
Maznevski, M. L., & Zander, L. 2000. Leading global teams: Overcoming the challenge of the power paradox. In M. Mendenhall, T. Kuehlmnn & G. Stahl (Eds), Developing global business leaders: 157–174. Westport, CT: Quorum Books.
Maznevski, M. L., Canney Davison, S., & Jonsen, K. 2006. Global virtual team dynamics and effectiveness. In G. K. Stahl & I. Bjorkman (Eds), Handbook of research in international human resource management: 364–384. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
Maznevski, M. L., DiStefano, J. J., Gomez, C. B., Noorderhaven, N. G., & Wu, P. C. 2002. Cultural dimensions at the individual level of analysis: The cultural orientations framework. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 2 (3): 275–295.
McGrath, J. E. 1984. Groups: Interaction and performance. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
* McLeod, P. L., Lobel, S. A., & Cox, T. H. 1996. Ethnic diversity and creativity in small groups. Small Group Research, 27 (2): 248–264.
* Miller, M. C. 1994. Relationships among cultural heterogeneity, group processes, and group outcomes: A model and empirical study, Doctoral dissertation, University of Houston, Houston, TX.
Milliken, F. J., & Martins, L. L. 1996. Searching for common threads: Understanding the multiple effects of diversity in organizational groups. Academy of Management Review, 21 (2): 402–424.
* Miura, A., & Hida, M. 2004. Synergy between diversity and similarity in group-idea generation. Small Group Research, 35 (5): 540–564.
* Mohammed, S., & Angell, L. C. 2004. Surface- and deep-level diversity in workgroups: Examining the moderating effects of team orientation and team process on relationship conflict. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25 (8): 1015–1039.
Mortensen, M., & Hinds, P. J. 2001. Conflict and shared identity in geographically distributed teams. International Journal of Conflict Management, 12 (3): 212.
Mullen, B., Johnson, D. A., & Drake, S. D. 1987. Organizational productivity as a function of group composition: A self-attention perspective. Journal of Social Psychology, 127 (2): 143–151.
Mullen, B., Johnson, C., & Salas, E. 1991. Productivity loss in brainstorming groups: A meta-analytic integration. Basic and Applied Psychology, 12 (1): 2–23.
Neuendorf, K. A. 2002. The content analysis guidebook. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
* Oetzel, J. G. 1998. Culturally homogeneous and heterogeneous groups: Explaining communication processes through individualism–collectivism and self-construal. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 22 (2): 135–161.
O’Reilly, C. A., Caldwell, D. F., & Barnett, W. P. 1989. Work group demography, social integration, and turnover. Administrative Science Quarterly, 34 (1): 21–37.
* O’Reilly, C. A., Williams, K. Y., & Barsade, S. 1998. Group demography and innovation: Does diversity help? In E. Mannix & M. Neale (Eds), Research in the management of groups and teams, Vol. 1: 183–207. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
* Paletz, S. B., Peng, K. Erez, M., & Maslach, C. 2004. Ethnic composition and its differential impact on group processes in diverse teams. Small Group Research, 35 (2): 128–157.
Pelled, L. H., 1996. Demographic diversity, conflict, and work group outcomes: An intervening process theory. Organization Science, 7 (6): 615–631.
* Pelled, L. H., Eisenhardt, K. M., & Xin, K. R. 1999. Exploring the black box: An analysis of work group diversity, conflict, and performance. Administrative Science Quarterly, 44 (1): 1–28.
Pfeffer, J. 1983. Organizational demography. In L. L. Cummings & B. M. Staw (Eds), Research in organizational behavior: 229–357. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
* Phillips, K. W., Northcraft, G. B., & Neale, M. A. 2006. Surface-level diversity and decision-making in groups: When does deep-level similarity help? Group Processes and Intergroup Relations, 9 (4): 467–482.
* Poling, T. L., Oliver, J. McGee, E. A., & Woehr, D. J. 2007. Team member diversity: The impact of personality and values on team viability and conflict, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, 3–8 August 2007. Philadelphia, PA.
* Polzer, J. T., Crisp, C. B. Jarvenpaa, S. L., & Kim, J. W. 2006. Extending the faultline model to geographically dispersed teams: How colocated subgroups can impair group functioning. Academy of Management Journal, 49 (4): 679–692.
* Price, K. H., Shumate, K. M. Rowe, N. A. Lavelle, J. J., & Henley, A. B. 2007. The complementary effects of relational dissimilarity and group faultlines: A multi-level analysis of diversity, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, 3–8 August 2007. Philadelphia, PA.
* Puck, J., Rygl, D., & Kittler, M. 2006. Cultural antecedents and performance consequences of open communication and knowledge transfer in multicultural process-innovation teams. Journal of Organisational Transformation and Social Change, 3 (2): 223–241.
* Randel, A. E. 2003. The salience of culture in multinational teams and its relation to team citizenship behaviour. International Journal of Cross-Cultural Management, 3 (1): 27–44.
* Raver, J. L., & Gelfand, M. J. 2005. Beyond the individual victim: Linking sexual harassment, team processes, and team performance. Academy of Management Journal, 48 (3): 387–400.
* Rodriguez, R. A. 1998. Challenging demographic reductionism: A pilot study investigating diversity in group composition. Small Group Research, 29 (6): 744–759.
* Rohn, A. 2004. Erklärungsgrößen und Gestaltungsformen multikultureller Arbeitsgruppen. Doctoral dissertation, Christian-Albrechts-Universität, Kiel, Germany.
Rosenthal, R. 1984. Meta-analytic procedures for social research. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
* Sargent, L. D., & Sue-Chan, C. 2001. Does diversity affect group efficacy? The intervening role of cohesion and task interdependence. Small Group Research, 32 (4): 426–450.
Shaw, M. E. 1981. Group dynamics: The psychology of small group behavior, (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
Sitkin, S. B., & Roth, N. L. 1993. Explaining the limited effectiveness of legalistic “remedies” for trust/distrust. Organization Science, 4 (3): 367–392.
Smith, K. G., Smith, K. A., Olian, J. D., Sims Jr, H. P., O’Bannon, D. P., & Scully, J. A. 1994. Top management team demography and process: The role of social integration and communication. Administrative Science Quarterly, 39 (3): 412–438.
Stahl, G. K. 2006. Synergy springs from cultural revolution. Financial Times, 6 October.
Stahl, G. K. 2008. Cultural dynamics and impact of cultural distance within mergers and acquisitions. In M. Peterson, P. Smith & D. Thomas (Eds), Handbook of cross-cultural management research: 431–448. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Stahl, G. K., & Voigt, A. 2008. Do cultural differences matter in mergers and acquisitions? A tentative model and meta-analytic examination. Organization Science, 19 (1): 160–176.
Staples, D. S., & Zhao, L. 2006. The effects of cultural diversity in virtual teams versus face-to-face teams. Group Decision and Negotiation, 15 (4): 389–406.
Steers, R. M., & Rhodes, S. R. 1978. Major influences on employee attendance: A process model. Journal of Applied Psychology, 63 (4): 391–407.
Steiner, I. D. 1972. Group process and productivity. New York: Academic Press.
Stewart, G. L. 2006. A meta-analytic review of relationships between team design features and team performance. Journal of Management, 32 (1): 29–55.
Tajfel, H. 1982. Social psychology of intergroup relations. Annual Review of Psychology, 33: 1–39.
Thomas, D. A. 2004. Diversity as strategy Harvard Business Review, 82 (9): 98–108.
Thomas, D. A., & Ely, R. J. 1996. Making differences matter. Harvard Business Review, 74 (5): 79–90.
* Thomas, D. C. 1999. Cultural diversity and work group effectiveness. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 30 (2): 242–263.
* Thomas, D. C., Ravlin, E. C., & Wallace, A. W. 1996. Effect of cultural diversity in work groups. In M. Erez & S. B. Bacharach (Eds), Research in the sociology of organizations, Vol. 14: 1–33. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
Thomas, D. C., Stahl, G. K., Ravlin, E. C., Poelmans, S., Pekerti, A., Maznevski, M. L., Lazarova, M. B., Elron, E., Ekelund, B. Z., Cerdin, J. L., Brislin, R., Aycan, Z., & Au, K. 2008. Cultural intelligence: Domain and assessment. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management, 8 (2): 123–143.
* Timmerman, T. A. 2000. Racial diversity, age diversity, interdependence, and team performance. Small Group Research, 31 (5): 592–606.
Tjosvold, D. 1986. Working together to get things done: Managing for organizational productivity. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books.
Triandis, H. 1959. Cognitive similarity and interpersonal communication in industry. Journal of Applied Psychology, 43 (5): 321–326.
Triandis, H. 1960. Cognitive similarity and communication in a dyad. Human Relations, 13 (2): 175–183.
Tung, R. L. 1993. Managing cross-national and intra-national diversity. Human Resource Management, 32 (4): 461–477.
Tung, R. L. 1995. Guest Editor's introduction: Strategic human resource challenge: Managing diversity. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 6 (3): 482–493.
Tung, R. L. 2008. The cross-cultural research imperative: The need to balance cross-national and intra-national diversity. Journal of International Business Studies, 39 (1): 41–46.
* Van der Vegt, G. S., & Bunderson, J. S. 2005. Learning and performance in multidisciplinary teams: The importance of collective team identification. Academy of Management Journal, 48 (3): 532–547.
Van Knippenberg, D., & Schippers, M. C. 2007. Work group diversity. Annual Review of Psychology, 58: 515–541.
Walsh, J. P. 1988. Selectivity and selective perception: An investigation of managers’ belief structures and information processing. Academy of Management Journal, 31 (4): 873–897.
* Watson, W. E., Kumar, K., & Michaelsen, L. K. 1993. Cultural diversity's impact on interaction process and performance: Comparing homogeneous and diverse task groups. Academy of Management Journal, 36 (3): 590–602.
* Watson, W. E., Johnson, L., & Merrit, D. 1998. Team orientation, self orientation, and diversity in task groups. Group & Organization Management, 23 (2): 161–188.
* Watson, W. E., Johnson, L., & Zgourides, G. D. 2002. The influence of ethnic diversity on leadership, group process, and performance: An examination of learning teams. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 26 (1): 1–16.
Webber, S. S., & Donahue, L. M. 2001. Impact of highly and less job-related diversity on work group cohesion and performance: A meta-analysis. Journal of Management, 27 (2): 141–162.
Weber, Y., Shenkar, O., & Raveh, A. 1996. National and corporate cultural fit in mergers and acquisitions: An exploratory study. Management Science, 42 (8): 1215–1227.
Weick, K. E. 1969. The social psychology of organizing. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley.
* Wernet, G. G. 2006. Relationship conflict and conflict resolution strategies in multicultural teams. In P. L. Curseu (Ed.), Group composition and effectiveness: 116–131. Cluj-Napoca: ASCR Press.
Wiersema, M. F., & Bantel, K. A. 1992. Top management team demography and corporate strategic change. Academy of Management Journal, 35 (1): 91–122.
Williams, K. Y., & O’Reilly III, C. A. 1998. Demography and diversity in organizations: A review of 40 years of research. In B. M. Staw & L. L. Cummings (Eds), Research in organizational behavior, Vol. 20: 77–140. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
Yetton, P. W., & Bottger, P. C. 1983. The relationships among group size, member ability, social decision schemes, and performance. Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, 32 (2): 145–159.