Online relationship marketing for banks in face-to-face economies
- 91 Downloads
Online relationship marketing enables organisations to maintain and develop relationships with new and existing customers. In this study, we investigate online relationship marketing and the resulting loyalty for banks and their customers in an economy where face-to-face interactions are the norm. We introduce a model comprising relationship interaction and relationship quality and validate this for Jordanian banks and their SME customers. Increases in relational interaction were found to have a positive effect on the relationship quality dimensions of trust, satisfaction, and commitment. These then led to an increase in customer loyalty. Despite the preference in the economy for social presence in retail interactions, banks were able to establish effective online retail relationships with their SME customers.
KeywordsOnline relationship marketing Relationship quality Relational interaction Loyalty
I would like to express my deepest appreciation to Dr James Wallace and Dr Jeoff for overall co-authoring this paper.
- Berry, L.L. 1983. Relationship marketing. In Emerging perspectives on services marketing, ed. L.L. Berry, G.L. Shostack, and G.D. Upah. New York: American Marketing Association.Google Scholar
- Christopher, M., A. Payne, and D. Ballantyne. 1991. Relationship marketing. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.Google Scholar
- Chung, K.H., and J.I. Shin. 2015. The relationship between site characteristics, relationship quality, and word of mouth. International Journal of Business and Information 4 (2): 2015.Google Scholar
- Hair, J.F., W.C. Black, B.J. Babin, and R.E. Anderson. 2009. Multivariate data analysis, 7th ed. New York: Pearson Education Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Hsu, H.H., and J.W. Tang. 2015. A model of marketing strategic alliances to develop long-term relationships for retailing. International Journal of Business and Information 5 (2): 151–172.Google Scholar
- JDSAR. 2006. ‘Jordanian Department of Statistics Annual Report (original in Arabic)’.Google Scholar
- Ringle, C.M., S. Wende, and A. Will. 2005. SmartPLS 2.0. Hamburg, Germany, University of Hamburg.Google Scholar
- Steinheider, B. (2000). Cooperation in interdisciplinary R&D-teams”, in Proceedings of the ISATA in Dublin, Ireland, 81-98.Google Scholar