Russian–U.S. public diplomacy dialogue: a view from Moscow
Russian–U.S. relations deteriorate day by day. The search of “positive agenda” in the current situation is impossible. But history proves that détente talks had started in the period of most serious confrontation in the 1970s. Similar public diplomacy tools should be implemented in order to harmonize relations, strengthen trust and mutual understanding between the two countries. The search and implementation of these initiatives seems to be very timely.
KeywordsRussian–U.S. relations Public diplomacy Track II diplomacy
- Bogaturov, Alexey. 2017. Mezhdunarodnye otnoshenija i vneshnjaja politika Rossii, Aspekt Press.Google Scholar
- Kissinger, Henry. 2016. Kissinger’s Vision for U.S.–Russia Relations. The National Interest. February 4, 2016.Google Scholar
- Matlock, Jack. 2017. Contacts with Russian Embassy. JackMatlock.com.Google Scholar
- Public Diplomacy and National Security in 2017. CSIS Report.Google Scholar
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. 1945. Address to Congress on the Yalta Conference.Google Scholar
- Shakleina T. A. Rossiya i SSHA v mirovoj politike: Ucheb. posobie dlya studentov vuzov/T. A. SHakleina. M.: Aspekt Press, 2012Google Scholar
- The second meeting of the Russian-US working group on the NPT review process was held in Geneva. http://www.pircenter.org/en/news/6892-the-second-meeting-of-the-russianus-working-group-on-the-npt-review-process-was-held-in-geneva/print/1.
- Voitolovsky, Feodor. 2017. Rossijsko-amerikanskim otnosheniyam est’ kuda uhudshat’sya. https://www.kp.ru/radio/26704.4/3728694/.