Single-period balancing of pay-per-click and pay-per-view online display advertisements
- 31 Downloads
In this article, we study a balancing problem of web publishers for pay-per-view and pay-per-click contracts for online display advertising. Considering the details of contracts, we refine prior research results on the recommendation of optimal strategies. We examine the problem by formalizing a simple stochastic optimization problem for a single period of advertising contracts. We investigate how pricing and other contract components will affect the optimal display strategies analytically and numerically.
Keywordsonline advertising display advertisements cost-per-impression cost-per-click click-through-rate web publisher
- Birge, J. and Louveaux, F. (1997) Introduction to Stochastic Programming. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Fridgeirsdottir, K. and Najafi-Asadolahi, S. (2009a) Revenue Management for Online Advertising Using Advertising Networks. Working Paper.Google Scholar
- Fridgeirsdottir, K. and Najafi-Asadolahi, S. (2009b) The Optimal Pay-per-click Pricing of Display Advertising in Advertising Networks: A Queuing Systems Approach. Working Paper.Google Scholar
- Geraghty, K. (2008) Revenue management & digital marketing. Analytics Winter: 8–13.Google Scholar
- Interactive Advertising Bureau. (2009) IAB internet advertising revenue report: 2008 full year results, http://www.iab.net/media/file/IAB_PwC_2008_full_year.pdf.
- Porteus, E. (2002) Foundations of Stochastic Inventory Theory. Stanford, California: Stanford University Press.Google Scholar