Analysis of the potential contribution of value-adding services (VAS) to the competitive logistics strategy of ports
This article examines the potential contribution of value-adding services (VAS) to port logistics strategy development in order to enhance competitiveness in the face of increasing competition between ports. On the basis of an empirical study taking the critical-realist approach of mixed methods’ research and using data from multiple case-study ports in both developed and developing countries, the relevance and deployment of VAS are assessed with a view to facilitating port strategy decisions. This study addresses the paucity of VAS investigations in the maritime logistics literature and examines the potential contribution of VAS to port competitiveness from the perspective of port users. Results demonstrate that the most readily available and accessible VAS are transport services, followed by warehousing and water supplies. The article concludes that VAS have the potential to both attract port users and retain them.
Keywordsvalue-adding services logistics ports competition and strategy
- Ainsworth, S. (1992) The Impact of Information Technology on Warehouse Operations. Cardiff, UK: University of Cardiff.Google Scholar
- Analytiqa. (2007) Portcentric logistics- the supply chain of the future, http://www.analytiqa.com, accessed 15 October 2008.
- APC. (2001) Amsterdam port consultants introduction, http://amsterdamportconsultants.com/smartsite9560.dws, accessed 15 August 2007.
- ABP-Associated British Port. (2007) Ports Handbook 2007: The UK’s Number one Ports Operator. UK: Associated British Port.Google Scholar
- Bowersox, D. and Closs, D. (1996) Logistical Management- The Integrated Supply Chain Process. Singapore: McGraw-Hill companies Inc.Google Scholar
- Bowersox, D., Closs, D. and Cooper, B. (2007) Supply Chain Logistics Management, 2nd edn. Singapore: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Bruns, W. (1989) A review of Robert K. Yin’s case study research: Design and methods. Journal of Management Accounting Research 1: 157–163.Google Scholar
- Christopher, M. (2005) Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Creating Value-Adding Networks, 3rd edn. Great Britain, UK: Pearson education limited.Google Scholar
- Christopher, M., Payne, A. and Ballantyne, D. (2002) Relationship Marketing: Creating Stakeholders Value. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.Google Scholar
- Cooper, D. and Schindler, P. (2006) Business Research Methods, 9th edn. Singapore: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Cudahy, B. (2006) The containership revolution, transport research board of the national academies: Washington DC, http://www.worldshipping.org/pdf/container_ship_revolution.pdf, accessed 20 April 2008.
- The Economist. (2009) Thriving on adversity, 10 March, 392(8651): p. 82.Google Scholar
- European Commission. (2012) Maritime ports freight and passenger statistics, http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu, accessed 27 November 2014.
- ESPO. (n.d) European sea port organisation, http://www.espo.be/, accessed 14 August 2014.
- Fernie, J. and Sparks, L. (2004) Logistics and Retail Management: Insights into Practice and Trends from Leading Experts, 2nd edn. London: Kogan Page.Google Scholar
- Field, A. (2009) Discovering Statistics – Using SPSS, 3rd edn. London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Gattorna, J. (2003) Handbook of Supply Chain Management. UK: Gower Publishing.Google Scholar
- Haezendonck, E. and Winkelmans, W. (2002) Strategic positioning as an instrument for competition analysis. In: M. Huybrechts, H. Meersman, E. Van de Voorde, E. Van Hooydonk, A. Verbeke and W. Winkelmans (eds.) Port Competitiveness: An Economic and Legal Analysis of the Factors Determining the Competitiveness of Seaports. Antwerp, Belgium: De Boeck, pp. 67–87.Google Scholar
- Haralambides, H. (1997) Ports in the framework of the EU transport policy, Centre of Maritime Economics And Logistics (MEL), Rotterdam, the Netherlands: University of Erasmus, http://www.maritimeeconomics.com/downloads/papers/HH_GP_FINAL.pdf, accessed 26 June 2007.
- Haralambides, H. (2012) Ports in the framework of EU transport policy, http://www.academia.edu/2263185/Ports_in_the_Framework_of_EU_Transport_Policy, accessed 10 May 2013.
- Haralambides, H., Ma, S. and Veenstra, A. (1997) Worldwide experiences of port reforms, In: Meersman, H. and Voorde, E. (eds.) Transforming the Port and Transportation Business, Leuven: Acco Publishing.Google Scholar
- Jeannet, J. and Hennessey, H. (1998) Global Marketing Strategies, 4th edn. Boston, USA: Houghton Mifflin Company.Google Scholar
- Johnson, G., Scholes, K. and Whittington, R. (2005) Exploring Corporate strategy, 7th edn. England, UK: Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- Lobo, A. and Jain, V. (2002) ‘Port users’ perspective of container transhipment business: Hierarchy of service attributes and dimensions. Singapore Maritime and Port Journal 4: 154–161.Google Scholar
- Malhotra, N. (2010) Marketing Research: An Applied Orientation, 6th edn. New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.Google Scholar
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA). (n.d.) Singapore an international maritime centre: A strategic centre for maritime business, http://www.mpa.gov.sg/sites/pdf/infokit4.pdf, accessed 13 August 2010.
- Okorie, C. and Tipi, N. (2008) An empirical view of value-adding services strategy in ports of developing economies. In: A. Lyons (ed.) Logistics Research Network, 10th–12th Sept. 2008. Liverpool, UK: CILT/University of Liverpool, pp. 159–164.Google Scholar
- PD Teesport and Hartlepool. (2008) PD Teesport and Hartlepool Handbook, Opportunity Knocks for the Northern Port Community. UK: PD ports.Google Scholar
- Porter, M. (1986) Competitive Advantage. New York: The Free Press.Google Scholar
- Proctor, T. (2005) Essentials of Marketing Research, 4th edn. England, UK: Pearson Edu.Google Scholar
- Teddlie, C. and Tashakkori, A. (2009) Foundations of Mixed Methods Research: Integrating Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in the Social and Behavioural Sciences. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.Google Scholar
- UNCTAD. (1992) Port marketing and the challenge of the third generation ports, TD/B/C.4/AC.7/14, Geneva, Switzerland, http://r0.unctad.org/ttl/ttl-docs-titles.htm, accessed 14 October, 2010.Google Scholar
- UNCTAD. (1993) Legal aspect of port management, UNCTAD/SHIP/639; United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/poshipd639.en.pdf, accessed 11 August 2008.
- UNESCAP. (2003) Commercial Development of Regional Ports as Logistics Centres. New York: UNITED NATIONS.Google Scholar
- Wall, G. (2007) Heading for the coast: Is port-centric logistics the way forward. Focus October: 42–44.Google Scholar
- Yin, R. (2009) Case study research: Design and methods, 4th edn. California: Sage Publications Inc.Google Scholar