Conflicts of interest and the future of medicine: The United States, France and Japan
- First Online:
- 10 Downloads
- Crowe, F.L. et al (2011) Fruit and vegetable intake and mortality from ischaemic heart disease: Results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) – Heart study. European Heart Journal, advance online publication 18 January, doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ehq465.Google Scholar
- Gardiner, H. (2010) Doctor faces suits over cardiac stents. The New York Times 5 December: A15, http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/health/06stent.html, accessed 16 March 2011.
- ASTRAL Investigators et al (2009) Revascularization versus medical therapy for renal-artery stenosis. The New England Journal of Medicine 361 (20): 1953–1962.Google Scholar
- Braillon, A. (2009) Medical devices and the approval processes: United States vs France. Archives of Internal Medicine 170 (22): 2040–2041.Google Scholar
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. (2011) Transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelial tract – Vinflunine: Final appraisal determination. 7 March, http://guidance.nice.org.uk/TA/Wave23/13/FAD, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Editorial. (2009) L’Agence européenne du médicament censure les données de pharmacovigilance. Rev Prescrire 29 (309): 536, http://www.prescrire.org/editoriaux/EDI33693.pdf, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Almashat, S., Preston, C., Waterman, T. and Wolfe, S. (2010) Rapidly increasing criminal and civil monetary penalties against the pharmaceutical industry: 1991 to 2010. 16 December, http://www.citizen.org/hrg1924, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Gornall, J. (2009) Industry attack on academics. British Medical Journal: 338–b736.Google Scholar
- Goodman, B. (n.d.) Corporation for non-promotion-based medicine. About us, http://www.nofreelunch.org/aboutus.htm, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Mansfield, P. (n.d.) Introduction to Healthy Skepticism Inc, http://www.healthyskepticism.org, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Jordan, A. (2011) Silence is not always golden. Medical Independent 10 February: 10–4, http://www.medicalindependent.ie/page.aspx?title=silence_is_not_always_golden, accessed 16 March 2011.
- Braillon, A. and Dubois, G. (2010) Whistleblowing and the abuse of libel law: A view from France. HealthWatch Newsletter, issue 79, p. 3, 7, http://braillon.net/alain/healthwatch_oct10.pdf, accessed 16 March 2011.
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Ltd 2011