The Need for an Effective Palliative Care Strategy in Pakistan
- UNDP. Human Development Report 2007/2008. 2008. Available at http://hdrstats.undp.org/indicators/5.html, accessed 30 May 2008.
- United Nations. World Population Prospects. The 2006 Revision, CD-ROM Edition, Extended Dataset, New York, 2007: United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division; 2007.Google Scholar
- Nishtar S, Bile KM, Ahmed A, Faruqui AM, Mirza Z, Shera S, et al. Process, rationale, and interventions of Pakistan's national action plan on chronic diseases. Prev Chronic Dis. 2006;3 (1):A14.Google Scholar
- Nishtar S, Ahmed A, Bhurgri Y, Mohamud KB, Zoka N, Sultan F, et al. Prevention and control of cancers: national action plan for NCD prevention, control and health promotion in Pakistan. J Pak Med Assoc. 2004;54 (12, Suppl 3):S45–56.Google Scholar
- Maqbool S . Hospice, palliative care project to be launched in Islamabad. 2007. Available at http://www.appna.org/Hospice-palliative-care-project-to-be-launched-in-.id.595.htm, accessed 7 June 2008.
- WHO. Country Profile: Pakistan. 2008. Available at http://www.who.int/countries/en/, accessed 30 May 2008.
- Rajagopal MR, Venkateswaran C . Palliative care in India: successes and limitations. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2003;17 (3–4):121–128, discussion 129–30.Google Scholar
- Government of Pakistan. Economic Survey 2005–06 . 2006. Available at http://www.finance.gov.pk/survey/home.htm, accessed 26 November 2007.Google Scholar
- Livingstone H . Pain relief in the developing world: the experience of hospice Africa-Uganda. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2003;17 (3–4):107–118, discussion 119–20.Google Scholar
- Pain & Policy Studies Group. Availability of Morphine and Pethidine in the World and Africa. 2006, Available at www.medsch.wisc.edu/painpolicy/publicat/monograp/africa06.pdf, accessed 23 November 2007.
- Abbas SQ, Muhammad SR, Mubeen SM, Abbas SZ . Awareness of palliative medicine among Pakistani doctors: a survey. J Pak Med Assoc. 2004;54 (4):195–199.Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan 2008