Validation of a trauma questionnaire in veteran women
- 69 Downloads
The Trauma Questionnaire (TQ) assesses a woman’s history of childhood and adult sexual trauma, sexual harassment, and domestic violence. The TQ is used widely at Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, but its validity has not been thoroughly examined. In a prospective study of 127 women, we found the TQ to have good to excellent agreement with a semistructured clinician interview and good sensitivity and specificity. The TQ can be used as a valid alternative to the clinician interview in the initial elicitation of trauma history among women veterans in the primary care setting.
Key wordstrauma questionnaire women veterans
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Butterfield M, Bastian L, Koons C, Vollmer M, Burns BJ. Screening for mental disorders and history of sexual trauma among women using primary health care services. J Clin Outcomes Management. 1996;3:55–61.Google Scholar
- 3.Coyle BS, Wolan DL. The prevalence of sexual abuse in women veterans seeking care at a Veteran Affairs Medical Center. Mili Med. 1996;161:588–93.Google Scholar
- 11.Bachman G, Moeller T, Bennett J. Childhood sexual abuse and the consequences on adult women. Obstet Gynecol. 1988;71:631–42.Google Scholar
- 18.Crocker L, Algina J. Introduction to Classical and Modern Test Theory. Orlando, Fla: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich College Publishers; 1986.Google Scholar
- 19.Agresti A. Categorical Data Analysis. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons; 1990.Google Scholar