Description of quasi-plane nonlinear standing waves in cylindrical resonators
- 37 Downloads
Many works have been dedicated to the problems of description of the nonlinear standing waves in the resonators of the circular cross-section. These works are restricted only to strictly plane waves. This paper connects to these works and extends them in the sense that it deals with quasi-plane nonlinear standing waves in the resonators of constant circular cross-section. Under certain suppositions it is possible to simplify the original Kuznetsov’s model equation and get the new much simpler model equation. This equation enables us to study the diffraction and lateral dispersion effects caused by the non-constant distributions of acoustic velocity on the exciting piston.
Key wordsnonlinear standing waves diffraction Kuznetsov’s model equation nonlinear resonator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.G. Andreev, V.E. Gusev, A.A. Karabutov, O.V. Rudenko, and O.A. Sapozhnikov: Sov. Phys. Acoust.31 (1985) 162.Google Scholar
- V. Kaner, O.V. Rudenko, and R. Khokhlov: Sov. Phys. Acoust.23 (1977) 432.Google Scholar
- V.E. Gusev: Sov. Phys. Acoust.30 (1984) 121.Google Scholar
- V.P. Kuznetsov: Sov. Phys. Acoust.16 (1971) 467.Google Scholar
- M.F. Hamilton and D.T. Blackstock:Nonlinear Acoustic, Academic Press, USA, 1990.Google Scholar
- Ya.M. Zhileikin, T.M. Zhuravleva, and O.V. Rudenko: Sov. Phys. Acoust.26 (1980) 32.Google Scholar