Preparation and characterization of PbS nanoparticles in AOT micellar medium
- 140 Downloads
The preparation of PbS nanoparticle is important in material science. Due to its predominant ionic character and low optical band gap (0.41 eV), it shows quantum confinement effect up to a larger size domain compared to other well studied semiconductor materials, such as ZnS and CdS, having predominantly covalent character. In this report, we present a simpler method of preparation of nanosized PbS in micellar medium of the surfactant AOT and spectrophotometric, fluorimetric, light scattering and electron microscopic characterization of the dispersion.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhattacharjee B., D. Ganguly K. Iakoubovskii A. Stesmans & S. Chaudhury, 2002. Bull. Mater. Sci. 25(3), 175–180.Google Scholar
- Chakraborty I., A.R. Das & S.P. Moulik, Commun. Colloid Polymer Sci.Google Scholar
- Jana N.R., Z.L. Wang T.K. Sau & T. Pal, 2000. Curr. Sci. 79(9), 1367–1370.Google Scholar
- Tauc J. & A. Menth, 1972. J. Non-Cryst. Sol. 569,8–10.Google Scholar
- Wei A., K.V. Stavens S.V. Pusztay & R.P. Andres, 1999. Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Ser. 581,59.Google Scholar