Extraction–Photometric Determination of Dimedrol and Papaverine in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms
- 48 Downloads
The interactions of Dimedrol (Benadryl) and papaverine with Sulfonazo were studied by extraction–photometry. The formation of sparingly soluble associates that are readily extractable with butanol was found, and conditions for the formation and extraction of these associates were optimized. The composition and solvation numbers were found, and the mechanism of formation and the structure of the above ion associates were discussed. The kinetics of extraction was studied, and the recovery (96.5–97.5%) and distribution ratios (15.4 ± 0.5 and 13.8 ± 0.3 for Dimedrol and papaverine, respectively) were calculated. Procedures for the extraction–photometric determination of Dimedrol and papaverine were developed and applied to the analysis of pharmaceutical dosage forms. These procedures are characterized by adequate sensitivity, rapidity, and selectivity.
KeywordsAnalytical Chemistry Butanol Dosage Form Distribution Ratio Benadryl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korenman, I.M., Ekstraktsiya v analize organicheskikh veshchestv (The Extraction Process in the Analysis of Organic Substances), Moscow: Khimiya, 1977.Google Scholar
- 2.Shirokova, L.M. and Charykov, A.K., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1984, vol. 39, no. 3, p. 547.Google Scholar
- 3.Egorov, V.V. and Starobinets, G.L., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1978, vol. 33, no. 10, p. 2030.Google Scholar
- 4.Peshko, D.E. and Starobinets, G.L., Farmatsiya, 1969, no. 4, p. 34.Google Scholar
- 5.Babko, A.K. and Konyushko, V.S., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1966, vol. 21, no. 4, p. 426.Google Scholar
- 6.Sleneva, L.N. and Silivanova, L.Z., Farmatsiya, 1981, no. 4, p. 68.Google Scholar
- 7.Sidorova, E.F. and Kudymov, G.I., Farmatsiya, 1974, no. 1, p. 42.Google Scholar
- 8.Mirzaeva, Kh.A. and Ivanova, N.I., Zh. Anal. Khim., 1984, vol. 39, no. 3, p. 91.Google Scholar
- 9.Bulatov, M.I. and Kalinkin, I.P., Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo po fotometricheskim metodam analiza (Practical Handbook on Photometrical Analysis Techniques), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1986, p. 24.Google Scholar