Immersions of Surfaces in Spinc-Manifolds with a Generic Positive Spinor
- 36 Downloads
We define and discuss totally real and pseudoholomorphic immersions of real surfaces in a 4-manifold which, instead of an almost complex structure, carries only a “framed spinc-structure,” that is, a spinc-structure with a fixed generic section of its positive half-spinor bundle. In particular, we describe all pseudoholomorphic immersions of closed surfaces in the 4-sphere with a standard framed spin structure.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen, B.-Y. and Ogiue, K.: On totally real submanifolds, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 193 (1974), 25–266, MR 49 #11433, Zbl 0286.53019.Google Scholar
- 2.Derdzinski, A. and Januszkiewicz, T.: Totally real immersions of surfaces, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 3.Griffiths, P. and Harris, J.: Principles of Algebraic Geometry, Interscience, New York, 1978, MR 80b:14001, Zbl 0408.14001.Google Scholar
- 4.Gromov, M.: Partial Differential Relations, Ergebnisse, series 3, Vol. 9, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1986, MR 90a:58201, Zbl 0651.53001.Google Scholar
- 5.Kirby, R.: Talk at an Orsay conference, Late June 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.Lawson, H. B., Jr. and Michelsohn, M.-L.: Spin Geometry, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1989, MR 91g:53001, Zbl 0688.57001.Google Scholar
- 7.Milnor, J.: Spin structures on manifolds, L'Enseignement Math. 9 (1963), 19–203, MR 28 #622, Zbl 0116.40403.Google Scholar
- 8.Moore, J. D.: Lectures on Seiberg-Witten Invariants, 2nd ed., Lecture Notes in Math. no. 1629, Springer, New York, 2001, MR 2002a:57043.Google Scholar
- 9.Scorpan, A.: Nowhere-zero harmonic spinors and their associated self-dual 2-forms, Commun. Contemp. Math. 4 (2002), 4–63, MR 1 890 077 (2003c:53064).Google Scholar