Speed-Resonant Terminator Wave Generation In The Earth Troposphere
- 32 Downloads
Main features of high-frequency wave disturbances (periods ≤5 min), generated by the solar terminator passing through the Earth atmosphere in a speed-resonance mode, are theoretically investigated. With the troposphere model, formulated in this paper, and the solar terminator, considered as a wave source, the wave spectral density parameters have been computed. Both the terminator local speed, relating to the background, and the space-time lag of atmospheric heating are shown to essentially influence these features. Some possible methods for identification of high-frequency speed-resonant atmospheric waves are also discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antonova, V. P., Guseinov, Sh. Sh., Drobzev, V. I., Zusmanovitch, A. G., Karimov, K. A., Kozin, I. D., Kurmangaliev, D. A., Losovski, B. Ia., Liacizin, V. A., Molchanov, A. P., Mosashvili, N. V., Podgornova, V. I., Rubinshtein, B. M., Somsikov, V. M., Tashenov, B. T., Tsvetkov L. I., and Sharadze, Z. S.: 1988, ‘Complex Experimental Investigation of Atmospheric Waves Generated by the Solar Terminator’, Izv. AN SSSR, FAO 24, 134–143 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Borisov, V. V., Ivlev, L. S., and Sirota, V. G.: 1987, ‘Time Variations of the Ozone Concentration at the Near-Ground Atmosphere Layer’, Izv. AN SSSR, FAO 23, 1330–1332 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Gossard, E. E. and Hooke, W. H.: 1975, Waves in the Atmosphere, Elsevier Scientific Publ. Co., Amsterdam-Oxford-New York.Google Scholar
- Matveev, L. T.: 1985, Course of General Meteorology. Atmosphere Physics, Gidrometeo Press, Leningrad (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Mischenko, Z. A.: 1962, Temperature Diurnal Dynamics and its Agroclymatic Consequence, Gidrometeo Press, Leningrad (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Somsikov, V. M.: 1983, Solar Terminator and Ionosphere Dynamics, Alma-Ata, Nauka, Kaz. SSR Ac. Sci. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Vasilyev, V. P.: 1995, ‘On the Light Source Latitude Localization of Short-Periodic Terminator Ionospheric Disturbances’, Geomagn. i Aeron. 35, 181–182 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Vasilyev, V. P. and Kalinichenko, A. I.: 1983, ‘Synchro-Mechanical Effect of Cosmic-Radiation Interaction with the Matter’, Problemy Jadernoj Fiziki i Kosm. luch. 19, 61–70 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Vasilyev, V. P. and Sergeev, V. A.: 1994, ‘Gas-Dynamic Basis for the Acoustic Maximum Existence in Terrestrial and Martian Terminator Waves’, EGS General Assembly, Grenoble, 25–29 April, 1994, Ann. Geophysicae 12(3), 660 (Abstract).Google Scholar
- Vasilyev, V. P. and Shubova, R. S.: 1990, Critical Frequency Behavior in the Ionospheric F2-Region at Sunrise, Prepr. Inst. Radio Astron. No 46, Kharkiv (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Vasilyev, V. P., Sergeev, V. A., and Szutowicz, S. B.: 1994, ‘Terminator Density Waves in Lower Atmospheres of the Earth and Mars. Resonance Amplification Theory’, Kinematika i Fizika Nebesnykh Tel 10(2), 22–31 (in Russian).Google Scholar