Electrochemical fabrication of polythiophene film coated metallic nanowire arrays
Metallic gold (Au) and silver (Ag) nanowire arrays coated with polythiophene (PTh) films were fabricated by successive electrochemical depositions of PTh and metal into the pores of a microporous alumina membrane. The diameter of the composite nanowires was 200 nm and that of the metallic nanowires was about 100 nm. They are adhered to a thin gold film and aligned in a high density of ca. 1010 wires/cm2. The morphology of the composite nanowires has been characterized by an optical microscope, Raman spectroscopy, scanning and transmission electron microscopies. Their electrochemical property has also been investigated.
KeywordsPolymer Gold Transmission Electron Microscopy Optical Microscope Raman Spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Pool, Science 247 (1990) 1410.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Wan, J. Huang and Y. Shen, Synth. Met. 101 (1999) 708.Google Scholar
- 3.C. R. Martin, Science 266 (1994) 1961.Google Scholar
- 4.T. M. Whitney, J. S. Jiang, P. C. Searson and C. L. Chien, ibid. 261 (1993) 1316.Google Scholar
- 5.C. A. Huber, T. E. Huber, M. Sadoqi, J. A. Lubin, S. Manalis and C. B. Prater, ibid. 263 (1994) 800.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Uosaki, K. Okazaki, H. Kita and H. Takahashi, Anal. Chem. 62 (1990) 652.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Cao, Z. Xu, H. Sang, D. Sheng and C. Tie, Adv. Mater. 13 (2001) 121.Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Cepak, J. C. Hulteen, G. Che, K. B. Jirage, B. B. Lakshmi, E. R. Fisher and C. R. Martin, J. Mater. Res. 13 (1998) 3070.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Fu, Y. Zhu, R. Tan and G. Shi, Adv. Mater. 13 (2001) 1874.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Shi, S. Jin, G. Xue and C. Li, Science 267 (1995) 994.Google Scholar
- 11.S. R. Nicewarner-Pena, R. G. Freeman, B. D. Reiss, L. He, D. J. Pena, I. D. Walton, R. Cromer, C. D. Keating and M. J. Natan, ibid. 294 (2001) 137.Google Scholar