Some Fixed Point Theorems in Metric Spaces by Altering Distances
- 96 Downloads
A generalization is obtained for some of the fixed point theorems of Khan, Swaleh and Sessa, Pathak and Rekha Sharma, and Sastry and Babu for a self-map on a metric space, which involve the idea of alteration of distances between points.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.S.Khan, M.Swaleh and S.Sessa: Fixed point theorems by altering distances between the points. Bull. Austral. Math. Soc. 30 (1984), 1–9.Google Scholar
- S.V.R.Naidu: Fixed point theorems by altering distances. Adv. Math. Sci. Appl. 11 (2001), 1–16.Google Scholar
- H.K.Pathak and Rekha Sharma: A note on fixed point theorems of Khan, Swaleh and Sessa. Math. Edn. 28 (1994), 151–157.Google Scholar
- B.E.Rhoades: A comparison of various definitions of contractive mappings. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 226 (1977), 257–290.Google Scholar
- K.P.R.Sastry and G.V.R.Babu: Fixed point theorems in metric spaces by altering distances. Bull. Calcutta Math. Soc. 90 (1998), 175–182.Google Scholar
- K.P.R.Sastry and G.V.R.Babu: Some fixed point theorems by altering distances between the points. Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 30 (1999), 641–647.Google Scholar
- K.P.R.Sastry and G.V.R.Babu: Some fixed point theorems in complete metric spaces by altering distances. Preprint.Google Scholar
- K.P.R.Sastry and S.V.R.Naidu: Fixed point theorems for generalised contraction mappings. Yokohama Math. J. 28 (1980), 15–29.Google Scholar
- M.R.Tasković: Some new principles in fixed point theory. Math. Japon. 35 (1990), 645–666.Google Scholar