Pet-Facilitated Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
It is suggested that pet-facilitated therapy might be a useful adjuvant on treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder. Some motivation and rationale for this idea is given, and a discussion of method of testing it.
- 1.Shalev AY:Treatment failure in acute PTSD. Lessons learned about the complexity of the disorder. Ann NY Acad Sci 1997;821:372-387.Google Scholar
- 2.Cusack O:Pets and Mental Health. New York: Haworth Press;1988Google Scholar
- 3.Levinson BM:The dog as co-therapist. Ment Hygiene 1962; 46:59-65Google Scholar
- 4.Blake DD, Weathers F, Nagy LM, Kaloupek DG, Klauminzer G, Charney DC, Keane TM:The development of a clinician-administered PTSD scale. J Trauma Stress 1995;8:75-90.Google Scholar
- 5.Keane TM, Caddell JM, Taylor KL:Mississippi Scale for Com-bat-Related Posttraumatic Stress Disorder:three studies in re-liability and validity. J Consult Clin Psychol 1988, 56:85-90Google Scholar