Generation and Detection of Pairing Bosons--A New Method to Determine the Mechanism of Superconductivity in the Oxides
- 13 Downloads
We propose a new method to determine the coupling boson in the cuprate superconductors based on the generation and detection of the appropriate boson analogous to the experiments performed on the generation and detection of phonons by conventional BCS superconductors. The appropriate choice of substrate and junction detector will allow the unambiguous determination of the boson that is formed by the recombination of energy gap edge quasiparticles produced by excitations into the normal state of the cuprates.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. L. McMillan and J. M. Rowell, in Superconductivity, R. D. Parks, ed. (Dekker, New York, 1969), pp. 561-613.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kihlstrom et al., Phys. Rev. B 38, 4588 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Eisenmerger and A. Dayem, Phys. Rev. Lett. 18, 125 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Kinder, K. Laszmann, and W. Eisenmerger, Phys. Lett. A 31, (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Dynes, V. Narayanamurti, and M. Chin. Phys. Rev. Lett. 26, 181 (1971); R. Dynes and V. Narayanamurti, Solid State Commun. 12, 341 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Eisenmerger, in Tunneling Phenomena in Solids, E. Burstein and S. Lundqvist, eds. (Plenum, New York, 1969), p. 371.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Van Vechten and K. Wood, Phys. Rev. B 43, 12852 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. Ovchinnikov and V. Kresin, preprint.Google Scholar
- 9.H. Mook et al., in Proceedings of the 10th Anniversary HTS Workshop, B. Batlogg, C. Chu, W. Chu, D. Gubser, and K. Mueller, eds. (World Scientific, Singapore, 1996), p. 345.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Murakami, S. Ohbuchi, and R. Aoki, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 63, 2653 (1994).Google Scholar