Book Review: The Coral Buildings of Suakin. Islamic Architecture, Planning, Design and Domestic Arrangements in a Red Sea Port,By Jean-Pierre Greenlaw. Kegan Paul International, London and New York, 1995, 132 pp.
- 62 Downloads
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hebbert, H. E. (1935). El-Rih—A Red Sea island. Sudan Notes and Records 18: 308–313.Google Scholar
- Hinkel, F. W. (1990). Preservation and restoration of monuments. Causes of deterioration and measures for protection. Paper presented at the 7th International Conference, International Society for Nubian Studies, Geneva.Google Scholar
- Insoll, T. (1996a). The archaeology of Islam in sub-Saharan Africa: A review. Journal of World Prehistory 10: 439–504.Google Scholar
- Insoll, T. (1996b). A report on an archaeological reconnaissance made to the Dahlak Islands, Eritrea. Ms. on file, British Institute in Eastern Africa, Nairobi.Google Scholar
- Matthews, D. H. (1953). The Red Sea Style. Kush 1: 60–87.Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1998