Catalytic synthesis of N-alkylacrylamide from acrylonitrile and 1-adamantanol with a novel solid heteropoly compound
- 93 Downloads
Catalytic synthesis of N-adamantylacrylamide from acrylonitrile and 1-adamantanol has been studied over various solid and liquid acids. Solid acids such as Cs2.5H0.5PW12O40, Amberlyst 15, Nafion, and Nafion–SiO2 composite gave yields higher than 97% at 373 K, and were superior in yield to liquid acids like p-toluenesulfonic acid, H3PW12O40, and H2SO4. It was further demonstrated that Cs2.5H0.5PW12O40 exhibited the highest catalytic performance for this reaction in the presence of excess water.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.W. Coover and N.H. Shearer, US Patent 2 719 176 (1955).Google Scholar
- M. Kacan and A. Mckillop, Synth. Commun. 23 (1993) 2185.Google Scholar
- S. Ooi, M. Nomura, K. Matsushita and Y. Inoue, Nippon Kagaku Kaishi (1993) 1100.Google Scholar
- M. Misono, Catal. Rev. Sci. Eng. 29 (1987) 269; 30 (1988) 339.Google Scholar
- Y. Izumi, K. Urabe and M. Onaka, Zeolites, Clay and Heteropoly Acid in Organic Reaction(Kodansha/VCH, Tokyo/Weinheim, 1992).Google Scholar
- I.V. Kozhevnikov, Catal. Rev. Sci. Eng. 37 (1995) 311.Google Scholar
- T. Okuhara, T. Nishimura and M. Misono, in: Proceedings 11th International Congress on Catalysis, Baltimore, 1996, eds. J.W. Hightower, W.N. Delgass, E. Iglesia and A.T. Bell (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1996) p. 581.Google Scholar
- Y. Izumi, M. Ogawa, W. Nohara and K. Urabe, Chem. Lett. (1992) 1987.Google Scholar
- N. Essyem, S. Kieger, G. Coudurier and J.C. Vedrine, in: Proceedings 11th International Congress on Catalysis, Baltimore, 1996, eds. J.W. Hightower, W.N. Delgass, E. Iglesia and A.T. Bell (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1996) p. 591.Google Scholar
- G.A. Tsigdinos, Top. Curr. Chem. 76 (1978) 1.Google Scholar
- T. Okuhara, M. Kimura and T. Nakato, Chem. Lett. (1997) 839.Google Scholar