New enantioselective heterogeneous catalysts
A new enantioselective heterogeneous catalytic system has been made by partly decomposing (hydrogenolyzing) chiral silyl ethers in hydrogen over Pd black and differently dispersed Pd/SiO2. Preliminary hydrogenations of two prochiral C=C's have demonstrated the feasibility of the method which produced catalysts attaining ee's up to 22%. The chiral silyl ethers appear to hydrolyze off the surface, but in the absence of water, the new catalysts catalyze reproducible ee's.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Sigimura, T. Osawa, S. Nakagawa, T. Harada and A. Tai, in: 11th Int. Congr. on Catalysis — 40th Anniversary, Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, Vol. 101, eds. J.W. Hightower, W.N. Delgass, E. Iglesia and A.T. Bell (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1996) p. 231.Google Scholar
- H.-U. Blaser and M. Müller, in: Heterogeneous Catalysis and Fine Chemicals II, eds. M. Guisnet et al. (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1991) p. 73; H.-U. Blaser, Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2 (1991) 843; J.R.G. Perez, J. Malthete and J. Jackques, Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci. Paris Serie II (1985) 169.Google Scholar
- M. Bart_ok, G. Wittmann, G.B. Bart_ok and G. Göndös, J. Organomet. Chem. 384 (1990) 385.Google Scholar
- Y.Nitta and K.Kobiro,Chem. Lett. (1996) 165.Google Scholar
- J. Cheng, MS Thesis, Enantioselective hydrogenation of CàC bonds over new chiral heterogeneous catalysts, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale,USA (1996).Google Scholar
- S. Tjandra, D. Ostgard, G.V. Smith, M. Musoiu, T. Wiltowski, F. Notheisz, M. Bart_ok and J. Stoch, in: Catalysis of Organic Reactions, ed.W.E. Pascoe (Dekker, NewYork, 1992) p. 137.Google Scholar
- G.V. Smith, J. Stoch, S. Tjandra and T. Wiltowski, in: Catalysis of Organic Reactions, eds. M.G. Scaros and M.L. Prunier (Dekker, NewYork, 1995) p. 403.Google Scholar
- G.V. Smith, comment on: S. Yoshida, T. Kakehi, S. Matsumoto, T. Tanaka, H. Kanai and T. Funabiki, in: New Frontiers in Catalysis, eds. L. Guczi, F. Solymosi and P. T _et_enyi (Akad_emiai Kiad_o, Budapest, 1993) p. 990.Google Scholar
- D.J. Ostgard, The carbon disulfide titration of olefin transformation sites on well characterized Pd and Pt catalysts, PhD Dissertation, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, USA(1995).Google Scholar
- G.V. Smith, F. Notheisz, A.G.Zsigmond, D. Ostgard, T. Nishizawa and M. Bart_ok, in: Proc. 9th Int. Congr. on Catalysis, Vol. 3, Calgary (The Chemical Institute of Canada, Ottawa, 1988); G.V. Smith, R. Song, M. Gasior and R.E. Malz, Jr., in: Catalysis of Organic Reactions, eds. T.A. Johnson and J.R. Kosak (Dekker, New York, 1994) p. 137.Google Scholar
- A. Rives, E. Leclercq and R. Hubaut, in: Catalysis of Organic Reactions, ed. R.E. Malz Jr. (Dekker, New York, 1996) pp. 241–247.Google Scholar