BT WebWorld is a new service from BT, launched in October 1996. It delivers a range of Internet Web-hosting services based on centrally managed webserver farms. The service offers customers cost-effective, powerful, flexible and robust web- server capability and associated support services. BT WebWorld leaves customers free to focus on the opportunities offered by the Internet, with BT handling the complex technical and operational issues.
KeywordsInformation System Communication Network User Interface Support Service Multimedia Information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Netcraft: ‘Webserver survey’, http://www.netcraft.co.ukGoogle Scholar
- 2.Open Market's OM Transact, http://www.openmarket.comGoogle Scholar
- 3.Edelheit J and Miller M R: ‘Electronic commerce comes to the Net’, BT Technol J, 15,No 2, pp 24–31 (April 1997).Google Scholar
- 4.CGI information, http://www3.pair.com/webthing/docs/cgi/faqs/cgifaq.shtmlGoogle Scholar
- 5.SSL information, http://home.netscape.com/newsref/std/SSL_old.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 6.SET information, http://www.visa.com/cgi-bin/vee/sf/set/intro.html?2+0Google Scholar
- 7.BT WebWorld, http://www.btwebworld.comGoogle Scholar