The Weighing of a Mechanical Gyroscope with Horizontal and Vertical Orientation of the Spin Axis
- 66 Downloads
An experiment on the weighing of two coupled mechanical gyroscopes with zero total angular momentum is described. Possible reasons for the observed difference in the masses of the gyroscopes with vertical and horizontal orientations of their spin axis are discussed.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Analytical Chemistry Angular Momentum Total Angular Momentum Spin Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. I. Mendeleev, Writings. Vol. 22 [in Russian], Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1950).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Nayasaka and S. Takeuchi, Phys. Rev. Lett., 63, 2701 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.J. E. Faller et al, Phys. Rev. Lett., 64, 825 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.T. J. Quinn and A. Picard, Nature, 343, 732 (1990).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Magnus, The Gyroscope [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Glaser, Metrologia, 27, 95 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.A. L. Dmitriev and V. S. Snegov, Izmer. Tekh., No. 5, 22 (1998).Google Scholar