Antiproton portable traps and medical applications
Several medical applications utilizing antiprotons stored and transported in a portable Penning trap are considered. These include production of radioisotopes for PET, radiography and radiotherapy. Specifications of a portable antiproton trap suitable for this work are discussed, and progress on the development of such a trap is reported.
KeywordsPositron Emission Tomography Medical Application Dyslexia Antihydrogen Charged Pion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.H. Holzscheiter, Antihydrogen production and spectroscopy, these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- H. Kalinowsky, LEAR experiment PS196: CPT tests with antiprotons, these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- D.W. Townsend, CERN Courier 33(3) (1993) 1.Google Scholar
- G. Jackson, Antimatter production facility concepts at Fermilab, these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- L. Krauss, The Physics of Star Trek, Basic Books (Harper Collins, 1995) p. 92.Google Scholar