Current Mode Circuits for Programmable WTA Neural Network
- 81 Downloads
In this article prototype AB class programmable synaptic connection and WTAcircuits that set foundations for low power VLSI neural networks and other applications areproposed. The analysis of the circuits is given. A qualitative comparison of currentconsumption is made between standard A class and proposed AB class circuits. Layouts ofthe AB class transconductance programmable synaptic connection and 2-WTA circuits havebeen designed and then the prototype CMOS circuits have been manufactured and measured.Measured characteristics have been compared to simulated ones.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mead, C. and Ismail, M., Analog Implementation of Neural Systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.Zurada, J., Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems. West Publishing Company, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.Sasaki, M., et al., "Fuzzy multiple input maximum and minimum circuit in current mode and their analyses using boundeddifference equations." IEEE Trans. Computers 39, pp. 443–450, 1993.Google Scholar
- 8.Wawryn, K. and Strzeszewski, B., "Programmable low power VLSI current mode neuron," in Proc. Int. Conf. Electronics, Circuits and Systems Rodos 1, pp. 406–409, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.Wawryn, K. and Strzeszewski, B. "Low power VLSI neuron cells for artificial neural networks," in Proc. Int. Symp. Circuits and Systems, Atlanta 3, pp. 372–375, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.11. Wawryn, K. and Strzeszewski, B. "Low power current mode approach to winner take all circuit." in Proc. Int. Symp. Circuits and Systems Monterey 1, pp. 393–396, 1998.Google Scholar
- 18.Rodriguez-Vazquez, A., Espejo, S., Dominguez-Castro, R., Huertas, J. L. and Sanchez-Sinencio, E., "Current-mode techniques for the implementation of continuous-and discrete-time cellular neural networks." IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems CAS-40, pp. 132–146, 1993.Google Scholar
- 19.Sedra, A., S. and Roberts, G. W., "Current conveyor theory and practice." in Analogue IC Design: The Current Mode Approach, C. Toumazou, F. J. Lidgey and D. G. Haigh, eds., Peter Peregrinus Ltd., 1990.Google Scholar
- 20.Demosthenenous, A., Akbari-Dilmaghani, R., Smedley, S. and Taylor, J., "Enhanced modular CMOS current-mode winnertake-all network," in Proc. Int. Conf. Elctronics, Circuits and Systems, Rodos 1, pp. 402–405, 1996.Google Scholar