Effect of amino acids on production of xylanase and pectinase from Streptomyces sp. QG-11-3
- 173 Downloads
Xylanase and pectinase production by Streptomyces sp. QG-11-3 was stimulated by DL-norleucine, L-leucine, DL-isoleucine, L-lysine monohydrochloride and DL-β-phenylalanine by up to 3.72- and 2.78-fold, respectively, whereas the combination of DL-norleucine, L-leucine and DL-isoleucine synergistically stimulated the xylanase and pectinase production by up to 6.72- and 5.62-fold, respectively. Glycine, DL-norvaline, DL-methionine, and DL-aspartic acid showed no significant stimulatory effect on enzyme production.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bajpai, P. 1999 Application of enzymes in the pulp and paper industry. Biotechnology Progress 15, 147-157.Google Scholar
- Balakrishnan, H., Srinivasan, M.C. & Rele, M.V. 1997 Extracellular protease activities in relation to xylanase secretion in an alkalophilic Bacillus sp. Biotechnology Letters 19, 599-601.Google Scholar
- Biely, P. 1985 Microbial xylanolytic systems. Trends in Biotechnology 3, 286-290.Google Scholar
- Dosanjh, N.S. & Hoondal, G.S. 1996 Production of constitutive, thermostable, hyperactive exo-pectinase from Bacillus sp. GK-8. Biotechnology Letters 18, 1435-1438.Google Scholar
- Gupta, S., Bhushan, B. & Hoondal, G.S. 1999 Enhanced production of xylanase from Staphylococcus sp. SG-13 using amino acids. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 15, 511-512.Google Scholar
- Ikura, Y. & Horikoshi, K. 1987 Stimulatory effect of certain amino acids on xylanase production by alkalophilic Bacillus sp. Agricultural and Biological Chemistry 51, 3143-3145.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Q., Tsukagoshi, N., Miyashiro, S. & Udaka, S. 1983 Increased production of α-amylase by Bacillus amyloliquifaciens in the presence of glycine. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 46, 293-295.Google Scholar