EVA: A new theoretically based molecular descriptor for use in QSAR/QSPR analysis
- 224 Downloads
A new descriptor of molecular structure, EVA, for use in the derivation of robustly predictive QSAR relationships is described. It is based on theoretically derived normal coordinate frequencies, and has been used extensively and successfully in proprietary chemical discovery programmes within Shell Research. As a result of informal dissemination of the methodology, it is now being used successfully in related areas such as pharmaceutical drug discovery. Much of the experimental data used in development remain proprietary, and are not available for publication. This paper describes the method and illustrates its application to the calculation of nonproprietary data, log Pow, in both explanatory and predictive modes. It will be followed by other publications illustrating its application to a range of data derived from biological systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cramer III, R.D., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 102 (1980) 1837.Google Scholar
- 2.Johnson, C.D., The Hammett Equation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, U.K., 1973.Google Scholar
- 3.Hansch, C., Sammes, P.G., Taylor, J.B. and Ramsden, C.A. (Eds.) Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry, Vol. 4, Pergamon, Oxford, U.K., 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.Cramer III, R.D., Patterson, D.E. and Bunce, J.D., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 110 (1988) 5959.Google Scholar
- 5.Stahle, L. and Wold, S., Prog. Med. Chem., 25 (1988) 292.Google Scholar
- 6.Sun Jin Cho and Tropsha, A., J. Med. Chem., 38 (1995) 1060.Google Scholar
- 7.Golton, A.V., In Straughan, B.P. and Walker, S. (Eds.), Spectroscopy, Vol. 2, Chapman and Hall, London, U.K., 1976, p. 9.Google Scholar
- 8.Leo, A.J., MEDCHEM database, Pomona College Medicinal Chemistry Project, Claremont College, CA, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- 9.Cramer III, R.D., Bunce, J.D., Patterson, D.E. and Frank, I., Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh., 7 (1988) 18.Google Scholar
- 10.Cramer III, R.D., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 102 (1980) 1849.Google Scholar
- 11.Wold, S., Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh., 10 (1991) 191.Google Scholar
- 12.Clark, M. and Cramer III, R.D., Quant. Struct.-Act. Relatsh., 12 (1993) 137.Google Scholar