Preparation of 90Y by the 90Sr-90Y Generator for Medical Purpose
- 109 Downloads
The production of 90Y by 90Sr-90Y generator was studied. 90Sr was adsorbed on a column with Aminex A-5 resin. The daughter radionuclide 90Y was eluted with 0.7M α-hydroxyisobutyrate (α-HIB, pH 5.4). Radionuclidic, radiochemical and chemical purities were >98% and yield >85%. After converting into chloride form 90YCl3-solution (pH:1) was used for preparing injectable yttrium citrate and labeling some other radiopharmaceuticals. Furthermore, a fast ITLC-method for the determination of 90Sr in 90Y-eluate was developed.
KeywordsChloride Physical Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Citrate Radionuclide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Chinol, D. J. Hnatowich, J. Nucl. Med., 28 (1987) 1465.Google Scholar
- 2.R. F. Doering, J. Nucl. Med., 4 (1963) 54.Google Scholar
- 3.W. J. Shraba, Intern. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 29 (1978) 91.Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Mark, Intern. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 43 (1992) 9.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Suzuki, Intern. J. Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 15 (1964) 599.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Dash, Bhattachacharyya, Appl. Radiation Isotopes, 45 (1994) 415.Google Scholar
- 7.C. M. Lederer, Table of Isotopes, 7th ed., A Wiley-Interscience Publication John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.R. L. Chids, D. J. Hnatowich, J. Nucl. Med., 26 (1985) 293.Google Scholar
- 9.D. J. Hnatovich, F. Virzi, P. W. Doherty, J. Nucl. Med., 26 (1985) 503.Google Scholar